DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it me. Photos not in active track

Mavic-Max

Reactions
Am I doing something wrong. I’ve been out today to use tracking on the drone to take photos of our moving car. I set up the camera to take a nicely exposed shot. Turned on active track and the camera changes by itself to video mode. I want to take a photo while tracking. Is this possible.

Am I doing something wrong. I’ve been out today to use tracking on the drone to take photos of our moving car. I set up the camera to take a nicely exposed shot. Turned on active track and the camera changes by itself to video mode. I want to take a photo while tracking. Is this possible.

Never tried, but if you have video, then just frame grab would be a simple alternative. I don't believe the smart shots are set up for still photography (Sans panoramas), but there may be a workaround, always learning...that's a new one on me. :)
Have you tried to pause, switch to still mode, resume and then capture?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
if you have a look in the manual i think you will find that its videos only ,but not owning a MA2 i could be wrong

Reactions: Thomas B
Never tried, but if you have video, then just frame grab would be a simple alternative. I don't believe the smart shots are set up for still photography (Sans panoramas), but there may be a workaround, always learning...that's a new one on me. :)

Hi. Yep I tried that. I’m trying to get a blurry background so screen grab of a video won’t work.

Yep also tried the pause and switch to photo but the drone comes out of active track and stops moving.

Dji official video on YouTube states that you simply lock onto the target and either take photo or video. But tracking and photo taking is not possible.
Mind linking to that video? If it is in error than I will shoot it up the chain.

Hi. Yep I tried that. I’m trying to get a blurry background so screen grab of a video won’t work.
What are your plans on camera settings so that you will get blur? Can you tell you got me interested in your endeavor? :p

I just used active track and manually took lots of photos.
I had no issues with the camera switching to video.

eebf2ad9e9aae2e7ab2604581d946330.jpg

9c1d09724c2f7db16e02fe3d6d76e71f.jpg

That’s exactly the shot I was after. So I set up the camera settings, iso, shutter speed etc. Go into active track and straight away it switches to video mode. Why ?

Reactions: flycaster1
Mind linking to that video? If it is in error than I will shoot it up the chain.

56 seconds in he says take photos or video.
I’m not saying their wrong it’s maybe me but yesterday I could not take a photo in active track. Also is active track the same as focus track.

That’s exactly the shot I was after. So I set up the camera settings, iso, shutter speed etc. Go into active track and straight away it switches to video mode. Why ?

And what happens if you move it back to photo mode, does it exit AT?

iOS. 14. Are you on iOS ?Thanks for your thoughts. Perhaps you could let me know if you have similar issues
Yes, iOS as well. The photos are a bit older (start of july) so older Fly app and older drone firmware... will try again today and let you know

Brilliant thanks. I saw your photos earlier in the year and I had to have a go. Maybe it’s me or maybe something has changed in the app.

I wonder if everyone is using the same terms. When you say you have the drone in Active Track, what exactly do you mean?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan