DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it normal for video to stop and start?

New England Droning

Reactions
More Newbie questions... I was out flying today and I was well within LOS and between 500 to 1,000' distant. The drone was heading back in my direction and the video stopped at 5:27 min/sec and started back up. I didn't see any indication of a lost signal and the only way I noticed it, was during play-back. I'm shooting 4K and the video is awesome but I wondering if this is common or do I have something to worry about.
thoughts?

Also is there something in the fly app that keeps track of our total flight time?

Is normal to break at 5 minutes , place them together in post
and you never see it.

as DC said the video will do this due to the way it is stored on the SD card, i record in 1080p30fps and i get just over 13 minutes per segment ,it varies according to what setting you record at

The video splits into a new file right around 4 GB. There is no way to prevent that from occurring.

as DC said the video will do this due to the way it is stored on the SD card, i record in 1080p30fps and i get just over 13 minutes per segment ,it varies according to what setting you record at
Thanks, I didn't quite understand what he said. and the documentation didn't mention this. so in 4K you get about 5 min and then it will stop and restart a new segment. I was worried that my mini 2 had a problem and recovered (over water) and I was just being new at this... Thank you...

Reactions: old man mavic
It's not stopping and starting, it's just splitting the recording into 4GB file segments. The more data per second (resolution, frame rate), the fewer number of minutes per file.

At most you might lose a few frames, but you'll likely find no loss at all.

Reactions: New England Droning
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut