DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to connect a Mavic Mini Controller to any Mavic Mini Drone.

Santiago Villa

Reactions
So the worst thing imaginable happened in a restricted airspace in front of Toronto. I was shooting for a boat rental video promo with my Mavic Mini and I was flying alongside the boat when I didn't notice that I had crossed into restricted airspace. But the most confusing thing happened. Instead of my drone preventing itself from flying into that space, it flew in and decided to force-land itself. I was on the boat and couldn't think straight and told the captain to turn around but by the time we got to the spot my drone had sunk into Lake Ontario.. sad...

So now that I'm left with all my equipment except for the drone... Is it possible to connect my controller to a new drone or is it basically useless at this point? I imagine it would take some form of hacking because I have a second controller I got from Kijiji but it wouldn't connect to the drone. Does anybody have any experience with this?

That was called restricted airspace auto land. Just land wherever you are. Trees, water, middle of the road where cars are going to hit it and cause a problem. All for the benefit of some misguided feature for the purpose of safety.

Reactions: Santiago Villa
That was called restricted airspace auto land. Just land wherever you are. Trees, water, middle of the road where cars are going to hit it and cause a problem. All for the benefit of some misguided feature for the purpose of safety.
That's a good way to put it... Misguided feature lol... But yes very dumb... They could at least do a count down for you to get out of the airspace before forcing it down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54