DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to reverse the y-axis on the left stick?

WizardEyes

Reactions
I want the the drone to go up when I pull back and down when I push up like flying a real airplane. It's embedded in my brain. Can I do this in settings somewhere?

I want the the drone to go up when I pull back and down when I push up like flying a real airplane. It's embedded in my brain. Can I do this in settings somewhere?
Not sure where you learned that in R/C as the left stick is throttle. Down is less power and up is more power, so in the drone world it works the same. At least in Mode 2. More power (up) to go up and vice versa...but anyway...nope no way to change it.

Not sure where you learned that in R/C as the left stick is throttle. Down is less power and up is more power, so in the drone world it works the same. At least in Mode 2. More power (up) to go up and vice versa...but anyway...nope no way to change it.
Flight sims, flying real planes and many, many years of using that setting in FPS shooter games. It just feels more natural to me. Would like to keep the neural pathways the same with my new drone.

Yes I always wondered that.

Here in Australia and the UK mode 1 is the predominant control settings. That is for those at RC flying clubs. With drones being released default mode 2 I think that’s changing as you don’t have as much a need to go to the clubs to learn to fly.

You can customize the joysticks to your liking in the app under the CONTROL tab / STICK MODE.

Reactions: JackL
It does behave as you're used to in planes, except that it is a helicopter in hover or in forward flight.

Push the stick forward and the drone moves forward. Pull the stick back, the drone moves back.

In forward flight, pushing the stick forward increases forward speed. The drone will descend like an airplane or helicopter, except that its flight controller does not know you wish to descend, so it adds power to maintain altitude, just as in an airplane if you wished to fly faster and maintain the same altitude.

Flight sims, flying real planes
I had trouble at the very first...trust me..you'll get over it. I think the main reason its an easy habit to break is because the drone fly's nothing like a fixed wing aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico