DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth selling my mavic air for a pro2?

Trebor75

Reactions
Hi guys. Have been lurking for a while but ended up getting the Air in the end. I'm on vacation and it's really bugging me the noise from it. Everyone comments that it sounds like a swarm of angry bees. I'm getting to the point that I think I made a mistake and should of spent more on the pro2. Would it in reality have been a better buy for the noise issue?

I searched the thread and couldn't find much in regards to my question but do see a lot of complaints about noise and waiting for low noise blades. My wife is not very impressed that I dropped all that money on this and it sounds like it does.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I sold my Mavic Air for the Mavic 2 Pro, but mainly for the extra battery life and 1-inch sensor. Love that longer battery life. It makes the flight sessions considerably more enjoyable for me.

The Mavic 2 Pro has a different sound from the Mavic Air but people still notice it. Not quite as much though. I often launch and fly fairly close to people and I see their reactions to the sound at different altitudes.

The M2 Pro doesn't have such a high pitched buzzing sound and you can see various YouTube videos that compare the sound level. Those would probably help you decide. Do a search and watch some of them. There are some good examples.

It's considerably more money though. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

That is a seriously silly question. That shouldn’t even be asked! Of course it is worth it it is better all around. I have the air but want the Mavic 2 pro. You get what u pay for, right? It is super noisy, the range only goes about 3000ft for video then it starts losing signal. My spouse has just the Mavic pro platinum and it is so quiet and went 7000ft easily with no glitches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trebor75
That is a seriously silly question. That shouldn’t even be asked! Of course it is worth it

I don't think it's a silly question. It is quite a legitimate question and everyone has different needs. There are many people who don't need the capabilities of a M2P. There are many people who do fine with a Spark. Why spend all that money if you don't need to.

As to the OP question, all drones make noise. It's just aerodynamics and physics. If you don't want noise then don't fly drones. My Phantom 4 Pro is noisy and it is big. However, I fly it wherever it is legal to do so. If there are people in the area I try to be respectful and get up to altitude quickly.

In the end, you are the only one who can make the decision, based on your needs. Just don't expect the M2P to be silent. It's just a different noise.

That is a seriously silly question. That shouldn’t even be asked! Of course it is worth it it is better all around. I have the air but want the Mavic 2 pro. You get what u pay for, right? It is super noisy, the range only goes about 3000ft for video then it starts losing signal. My spouse has just the Mavic pro platinum and it is so quiet and went 7000ft easily with no glitches.

I get it's better all around but is it worth it, because I can then justify it for the noise lol I'll try to find someone that has one and see first hand what it sounds like. I went with the air as its smaller and more compact for travelling plus it does all I need. I'd love the pro but would have to guarantee it's quieter to release the funds.

Last edited:
Here's one of the sound comparisons on YouTube if you haven't seen it. It's indoors so the volume is accentuated more but should give you a pretty good idea of the difference between them, rather than demonstrating the actual volume levels. That's pretty much how they both sound to me. There is an echo in there and he mentions that.

Last edited:
While the Mavic Pro 2 may be quieter when measured, I still think it's quite a distinctive stand out noise so I don't think it's worth buying with the expectation you're not going to notice the noise it produces.

I sold my Mavic Air for the Mavic 2 Pro, but mainly for the extra battery life and 1-inch sensor. Love that longer battery life. It makes the flight sessions considerably more enjoyable for me.

The Mavic 2 Pro has a different sound from the Mavic Air but people still notice it. Not quite as much though. I often launch and fly fairly close to people and I see their reactions to the sound at different altitudes.

The M2 Pro doesn't have such a high pitched buzzing sound and you can see various YouTube videos that compare the sound level. Those would probably help you decide. Do a search and watch some of them. There are some good examples.

It's considerably more money though. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

Why would you do that?

Reactions: JDawg
I own both and I love both! The M2P is obviously the better drone hence the extra expense. The air has restrictions with range and battery life but makes up for it by being small enough that I carry it pretty much everywhere. The selfie modes are definitely more than a gimmick and the M2P does not have these. The M2P has hyperlapse and hyperlight which I use a lot too.
It really boils down to what you use it for, what you want to achieve and how much money can you spend without your wife finding out!

I own both and I love both! The M2P is obviously the better drone hence the extra expense. The air has restrictions with range and battery life but makes up for it by being small enough that I carry it pretty much everywhere. The selfie modes are definitely more than a gimmick and the M2P does not have these. The M2P has hyperlapse and hyperlight which I use a lot too.
It really boils down to what you use it for, what you want to achieve and how much money can you spend without your wife finding out!
If by selfie modes you mean quickshot modes then YES, these are in fact incredibly useful. I didn’t realize the Mavic 2 doesn’t have these.

You can get some truly beautiful/cinematic results with them (circle is my favorite)

If by selfie modes you mean quickshot modes then YES, these are in fact incredibly useful. I didn’t realize the Mavic 2 doesn’t have these.

You can get some truly beautiful/cinematic results with them (circle is my favorite)

Likewise! People who don’t use them dismiss them as gimmicks but I love them!

If by selfie modes you mean quickshot modes then YES, these are in fact incredibly useful. I didn’t realize the Mavic 2 doesn’t have these. You can get some truly beautiful/cinematic results with them (circle is my favorite)

There must be a little confusion, the Mavic 2 does indeed have quickshot modes. I used a couple of them yesterday. What it doesn't have is Gesture mode. Which is kind of fun to demonstrate although limited in usefulness.

Why would you do that?

I fly my drone at the ocean all the time. Often filming surfing action off the shore, about 30-40 ft up. It's very popular here with other drone pilots also. We don't launch and fly right next to people's heads, we always keep a distance. And rarely if ever fly right over people. If we do, it's just passing over very quickly.

You don't need to launch right next to people for them to hear it. So I often see people's reaction to the sounds without flying especially close to them. They hear it, and look up to see what it is. The regulars don't pay much attention because it's quite common here.

There must be a little confusion, the Mavic 2 does indeed have quickshot modes. I used a couple of them yesterday. What it doesn't have is Gesture mode. Which is kind of fun to demonstrate although limited in usefulness.
I didn’t even realise that! Not sure how I missed them, probably because i’m obsessed with hyperlapse! I stand corrected!

Noise? Try flying a gas engine powered RC airplane! Even the little .049 U-line park flier models are much louder than a DJI drone.

Really, the main difference to me between the Air and Pro was the camera, and yes, the other flight capabilities are nice. The price difference may not be worth it if you aren’t going to be selling photos or printing posters from them, especially if you like to just sport fly and buzz around.

Id like to be a bit less of a people magnet with it.
Make sure and get up 100-200' or so asap and problem solved. The M2P is defintley quieter, it was what jumped out most to me at first. The extended battery life is really nice and the pictures are awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming