DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth sending a Mavic Pro battery in for repair?

Spinball

Reactions
Hello folks,
your advice much appreciated.
After not flying for a few months, I put my three batteries in the charging unit overnight.
One of the batteries (never crashed) had a second light blinking twice. It's an over current error.
After a while the blinking stopped and the battery has four greens. In the Mavic, the controller shows BATTERY ERR and the Go 4 app shows a battery error - one of the cells has failed.
So I'm wondering if anyone knows what the cost of sending this battery off to DJI for repair is, assuming they can either repair or replace it.
I have to weigh up the value to me of a third battery, when I rarely fly any more and when I do, one battery usually does the job. Two almost always.
The battery is still worth whatever it's worth, though. Also there is the fact that the Mavic Pro 2 makes the Mavic Pro and its batteries instantly worth less. £85 for a new battery on the DJI store.
Anyone have an idea of the typical cost of repair of a battery with a dead cell is?
Thanks in advance.

If it's under warrenty then heck ya it's worth it..
It's not. DJI support replied to my thread over there saying that they don't repair batteries out of warranty, so it's gone in the bin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929