DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth upgrading to Mavic Pro 2?

BVasily

Reactions
Aside from the improved camera ... is the range and signal strength much improved over the Mavic Pro?
As I understand, if I upgrade I will also have to upgrade my DJI Goggles to match?
Appreciate any advice from users who have made the upgrade.

Can't comment on the goggles but the signal is fantastic with the second incarnation. I upgraded from the Air not the Pro but for me it's been night and day difference and well worth the upgrade. It's really down to what you want out of it that really matters

I have BOTH - M1p and M2z
The New Mavic is Good - and has slight improvements in range (for me I noticed about 20%)
… But the big thing was the length of time I could Fly -
… Having the extra minutes in the sky - Just really hooks you in more and More.

My biggest PLUS was not the PRO (camera) but the ZOOM Camera-

Being an adventurous Pilot and Enjoying pushing the limits, the ZOOM takes My breath Away-

Instead of having to travel in and Closer (or Lower), a Quick push on the Zoom gets me in smoothly to up to FOUR times (including Digiital zoom)

So FLying SAFER, and Higher , get the shots -

A HUGE improvement is the additional Sensors - Up down Left RIght fwd back - … These have been sewn into the software - really protecting yr drone... - and the ACTIVE track - Just Gets the SHOTS.

We have a Model Agency … and We can Fly inside a large Studio and take three dimensional views and zooms of Models on the Catwalk - and NEVER crashing - while ACTIVELY TRACKING the Moving Model...
The Drone has the ability to Keep the Subject in view - no matter how you throw the drone around -

My advice - is QUICKLY get yrself the NEW Drone - Its awesome - … Ur Missing a paradigm shift in tech !!!!

BTW - The Goggles- I have the White Pair - and Upgraded the Software easily -
The Latest software works perfectly - for me. Others have complained - … But I get the DIstance and speed and accuracy - with the assurance of the Proximity sensors all working -

BTW using the ZOOM - … Magnifies yr Experience on the Goggles - ...
Zooming on yr controller Enhances yr First Person View for Awsome Footage ...
Hope this Helps!

If there were only ONE Reason ALONE to Upgrade - its the New Sensors and ACTIVE TRACK 2.
… (but iv mentioned 5x others Just as Good !)

Heres a Video of a Person Walking on a RoofTop With Active Track …. (Scanning the Walk)
SO with (and while) tracking - you have freedom to move the drone to get the optimum look ...

If there were only ONE Reason ALONE to Upgrade - its the New Sensors and ACTIVE TRACK 2.
… (but iv mentioned 5x others Just as Good !)

Heres a Video of a Person Walking on a RoofTop With Active Track …. (Scanning the Walk)
SO with (and while) tracking - you have freedom to move the drone to get the optimum look ...

That vids impressive, I only ever send the wife up on the roof if the tiles need fixing [emoji23][emoji23]

Camera on the mp2 is leaps ahead of the 1. Combined with it being refined in every way with the addition of hyperlapse. Buy one now. I was in the fence. Not sure if it would be worth the upgrade. Can say with certainty it’s worth it. It’s not like going from an iPhone 7 to 8 that really isn’t that big if s leap. It would be like going iPhone 4 to x.

Reactions: fozzzy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929