DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mavic 3 Required? I am pretty sure it will be

There is nothing that the OP needs that a Mavic 2 Zoom can’t do. As far as the previous post about “just plain aerial photography,” all a person needs is a good RAW still file and you don’t need a M3-Cinema version for that. The OP asked “is a M3 needed?” The answer is NO!

Okay, I've been reading through the replies. Truth is, I do exterior building inspections of both commercial and residential buildings. Most of the work I do involves residential roof inspection. The company provides an Air 2 (not 's'), and a lot of times I use my own M2P and M3C. Of course the Air 2 is the least clear of the three, but I generally fly between 4 and 6 feet from my subject and I can see most damage (hail hits, thermal splitting, mat exposure, etc.). I wouldn't call it hollywood studio quality but it gets the job done. THAT BEING SAID my preference for quality images and just plain aerial photography is, hands down the M3C.
By M3C I assume you mean the Mavic three cine? Cool!

Since I own the Air2S and the Mavic 3, I am pretty much spoiled now with M3!

Reactions: DStass
There is nothing that the OP needs that a Mavic 2 Zoom can’t do. As far as the previous post about “just plain aerial photography,” all a person needs is a good RAW still file and you don’t need a M3-Cinema version for that. The OP asked “is a M3 needed?” The answer is NO!
You are probably right, I think an M2 Pro or Zoom would have met my needs. But, what the hey, the M3 is really nice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21