DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mini 3 Pro the true Parrot Anafi successor?

test2000Anafi

Reactions
Early 2018, the parrot Anafi came out.

- At 320 gram was the lightest drone ever released with that image quality

- it had the longest flight time ever for any drone below 900 gram

- it was the most quiet drone ever released

- it had the best gimbal articulation for any drone at any price ever released

- it had follow me and flight plan features which had not been possible for any drone below 500 grams

Looking at the Mini 3 Pro, it is clear it is the spiritual successor in a way, even though it’s made by DJI;
Longest flight time ever below 900 gram, most quiet propellers ever, best DJI gimbal articulation ever, best sub 900 gram image quality ever regarding dynamic range and low light. No more props in the shots ever. No more gimbal tilt down or shift in the wind ever.

The fact that all this is below 250 gram is basically just a bonus. The precision of the RC remote remote also is just extra icing on the cake. OA is useless for experienced pilots like myself, but for beginners it is great
Parrot was unable to find commercial succes, but mini 3 pro will sold out for months. So in the end I am happy that I got my drone back and even better!

Anyway what are your thoughts on all this?

Reactions: dsrtrdr7
Parrot Anafi is still a great drone, even in 2022. I still fly mine, and often prefer it. Picture and video quality is very good and it’s versatility can hardly be surpassed. You do need good piloting skills, and maintain situational awareness, but that is essential to flight safety, anyway.

Reactions: test2000Anafi
I very nearly bought an Anafi, but opted instead for a Mavic Mini purely because it would fall into the sub 250g class. The Anafi had quite a lot in favour of it, but having a technically excellent drone that I would seldom get the opportunity to legally use didn't appeal. Now here's a drone that has many of these features, and slips under the 250g barrier. Maybe I "need" to upgrade from my trusty Mini 🤔☺️

Kind of a shame Parrot no longer participate in the consumer drones market.

Last edited:
Early 2018, the parrot Anafi came out.

- At 320 gram was the lightest drone ever released with that image quality

- it had the longest flight time ever for any drone below 900 gram

- it was the most quiet drone ever released

- it had the best gimbal articulation for any drone at any price ever released

- it had follow me and flight plan features which had not been possible for any drone below 500 grams

In short, yes. But it adds mother-ship enforced geo-fencing (boo!); is missing a real deployed flight plan (Anafi downloads the plan to the drone); and shares Parrot's over pricing. I imagine eventually the Mini 3 will also share the Anafi's open SDK.

The Mini 3 also has a vender that at some level actually wants to be in the business. I have 2 Anafi's and when they break I plan to enjoy the long range and 1/1.3" sensor of the Mini 3 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229