DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Singapore Drone Law Really Enforced?

PS01

Reactions
Is Singapore drone law really enforced? Like not being allowed to go above 60 m, nor fly after daylight hours. What's your experience as a TOURIST flying drone in Singapore?

From looking at vids here and other places like YouTube, Vimeo etc, I’d say it looks like it’s not !
That said, I’d certainly try to adhere to their drone laws / rules.
You don’t want to be ‘that’ pilot to screw up and get yourself into a bind, or be partially responsible for tighter drone laws being imposed.

Reactions: Thomas B
From looking at vids here and other places like YouTube, Vimeo etc, I’d say it looks like it’s not !
That said, I’d certainly try to adhere to their drone laws / rules.
You don’t want to be ‘that’ pilot to screw up and get yourself into a bind, or be partially responsible for tighter drone laws being imposed.
Ughhh that sucks. Marina bay area needs to be captured above 60m! We want to go over MBS.

Ive seen it get enforced several times and plenty of local news articles showing fines being handed out.

Flying over MBS breaks multiple laws (and would in most countries regarding built up areas etc).

A lot of people fly from the barrage and its perfectly possible to get legal, useful images whilst remaining within the law.

I am currently living in Singapore. I read several articles on the Singapore most popular daily The Straits Times and on CNA website about people caught flying drones in areas where flying is not allowed. Prosecution is almost certain with quite severe penalties (it can go up to jailing terms). I would be very careful in flying drones in Singapore.
Have a look to the CAAS website, they have quite some useful (and official) info. For instance: https://www.caas.gov.sg/public-passengers/unmanned-aircraft/permitted-flying-areas-and-no-fly-zones

Worth noting Singapore drone registration is required (local and foreigner) in April this year.
Im there again from Tuesday and will likely do some flights.

pred.PNG

Appears that even if you own a Predator/Reaper drone in SG you need to register - they even tell you where to put the label!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22