DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the DJI Care worth ?

laurent45

Reactions
Hi
As you are all experimented flyers, I soule like to know if the DJI Care is worth the Price
I am asking as from the rule you must send the Mini complete,. So if you lose it because a flyaway or a crash in the water you cannot activate it, right ?
And if you are not using a phone in their compatibility, is DJI care still valid ?
thanks for your feedback

Reactions: lowellton
Hi
As you are all experimented flyers, I soule like to know if the DJI Care is worth the Price
I am asking as from the rule you must send the Mini complete,. So if you lose it because a flyaway or a crash in the water you cannot activate it, right ?
And if you are not using a phone in their compatibility, is DJI care still valid ?
thanks for your feedback
For me it is worth. You have to send your drone. It doesnt matter what phone you are using, conpatible or not. Hope this will help.

I just got insurance with Coverdrone (don't know if they are UK only )
Covers loss, damage, theft.
To cover £3000 worth of stuff it was £150 so to me compared with DJI refresh it’s a no brainer.

I have over 20 years flying RC Airplanes, Helicopters and Drones. Thanks GOD i never had to use my DJI Refresh kit. But i have in all my drones the refresh kit.

I know how expensive can be repairs. Is better have it and dont needed than needed and dont have it.

I crashed my Mini into the side of a hotel building. I sent my drone in for repairs. Ten weeks later, I got message from "data analysis" at DJI confirming what I already knew - carelessness, operator error and loss of control were the causes of my crash.

I was informed by DJI that they could proceed with the repair of my Mini but I would have to cover the cost.

What's the point of buying DJI Care again?

After purchasing DJI Care for $US49, I don't see why I am being expected to cover the cost of repair regardless of the cause of the crash.

Would some be so kind enough as to enlighten me.

I crashed my Mini into the side of a hotel building. I sent my drone in for repairs. Ten weeks later, I got message from "data analysis" at DJI confirming what I already knew - carelessness, operator error and loss of control were the causes of my crash.

I was informed by DJI that they could proceed with the repair of my Mini but I would have to cover the cost.

After purchasing DJI Care for $US49, I don't see why I am being expected to cover the cost of repair regardless of the cause of the crash.

They should cover all expenses is my understanding regardless if is your fault or not. Can someone clarify this?

In most US states, you can get a personal articles insurance policy from State Farm for about $60 a year. Covers any and all loses no matter what. You do not have to provide the drone for coverage.
Far better then Dji’s refresh policy.

Reactions: lowellton
In most US states, you can get a personal articles insurance policy from State Farm for about $60 a year. Covers any and all loses no matter what. You do not have to provide the drone for coverage.

Must agree with you AMRE2ME2 independent insurance is a better deal.
Looks like it’s State Farm for USA & Coverdrone UK.

Hi
thanks for your feedback
I hit a branch with my Mavic Mini and it fell into a river. it was in the river 4 days before I could recover it. I sent it to DJI and they sent me a brand new unit, no questions asked. It is definitely worth purchasing.

I dropped my Mavic 2 Pro about a month ago and the IMU would not calibrate no matter what I did (Tried all the tricks). I sent it to DJI using Refresh Express (you have a couple choices when you send it in, normal or express) and within a week I had a new drone. Completely worth it!

Reactions: bobbydcee
To those of you with independent insurance, is that $60ish/year replacement cost or depreciated value?

Thanks,
MikeG

They don't cover pilots that have their Part 107 so that's a bummer.

I hope we can have insurance here in canada for drone.

did you tell them that you want to use your dji care refresh?

I have the MA2 combo. This is my first year of drone flying. Whilst I haven’t (touch wood) needed to use it, I also went with the DJI Refreh insurance. The peace of mind is worth it I reckon for the first year at least. The more I read the forum here every night, it’s not a matter of if you will crash your drone, but when!

Reactions: Tufargon
I have the MA2 combo. This is my first year of drone flying. Whilst I haven’t (touch wood) needed to use it, I also went with the DJI Refreh insurance. The peace of mind is worth it I reckon for the first year at least. The more I read the forum here every night, it’s not a matter of if you will crash your drone, but when!
I'm doing the exact same thing and "knock on wood" I've never crashed my XSP is 5 years. Totally different bird and it's got me a tad worried but knowing i'll have "refresh" is putting me a little more at ease.

The more I read the forum here every night, it’s not a matter of if you will crash your drone, but when!

We say the same about motorcycles! ?

MikeG

Are you sure this wasn't some kind of misunderstanding. Their site is pretty clear, they will replace your product regardless of the reason for a relatively small fee ($40). There is the option to have it repaired (at your cost) but you can also opt for the replacement.

When deciding whether or not to take any insurance, don't forget: the insurance company makes money on an insurance (even after all their costs, advertising, personnel etc). From a pure financial perspective it is almost always better not to take insurance as long as you can pay for a replacement if anything happens. Insurance for relatively affordable items should mainly be done for peace of mind.

Also note that in The Netherlands, and I believe in some other european countries as well, most creditcards include a purchase insurance where you get 6 or 12 months insurance on all items purchased using your card.

Reactions: Tufargon
Thanks to all for your feedback, based on real experience. Now I know that I should it, especially as a novice pilot. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass