DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic Air

Playthru

Reactions
Better for the person with less experience flying a drone and the Mavic Pro is for a more experienced flyer?
I am surrounded by a NFZ and the longer distance of the Mavic Pro is a non issue with me and does the air have more safe guards making it easier to fly.
I do have a spark with limited flight time and I got the Mavic Pro as a gift and never flown due to bad weather and the NFZ.
The air just seems to fit my needs better and I’ll probably sell the Mavic Pro to get the air.
It’s a bummer being surrounded by all the NFZ as I have to drive a bit to fly which I’m willing to do.

I am not sure what the NFZ has anything to do with the ease of flying and the distance of the Pro over the Air. If it's a NFZ, it's a NO FLY ZONE, regardless of whether it's a Pro or an Air. While I do not have any experience with the Pro, I do have experience with the Typhoon H, other larger multi rotors, airplanes, and helicopters. I do not think the Air is any easier, or more difficult to "physically" fly than the larger drones. They basically all fly the same way as long as you understand the flight characteristics and behavior of them. (i.e in In Mode 2, right stick makes the drone go forward and back, left and right, and the left stick makes it go up and down and yaw) However, I personally think the Air if "psychologically" easier to fly as the smaller size seems to be less intimidating.

They both operate just the same. The air has better obstacke avoidance but that's all you'll see as additional "safe guards".

I think the question you need to ask yourself is how are you planning to use it? I fly mostly real-estate and decided to get a Mavic Air due to its low profile. Also, I like to take a drone if I go walking or on a city trip. With the P4 this is quite cumbersome due to its size. One has to plan a complete day around it or you must we willing to carry the big bag all day. With the Air, this is no longer an issue. If I need distance or if I need to fly in an area with lots of interference, I take the P4. Because of its range, the signal is also stronger and more stable when flying close by with lots of interference. The same goes for the Mavic Pro's ocusync. For what I have experienced from the Mavic Air's range is, that its sufficiënt most of the time. If you stay in a range of about 7 to 800 meters (for me this is 95% of the time), there will be no problems. The Air's connection is however a bit more sensitive with big obstacles. For instance: If you fly around a big building, the connection is more likely to drop then with the P4 or Mavic Pro. As for the handling of the drone: My experience is that the P4 (or a bigger drone in general) is more safe and easy to fly then the Air. The P4 has a greater displacement due to its bigger props. This shows when stopping the drone from a high speed. The stopping distance of the P4 is much shorter than that of the air. In some circumstances this can be an important difference.

Reactions: nathanwms

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast