DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic Mini flight controller covered under the refresh program

Laurence

Reactions
My flight control will not take a charge and I have posted a request from DJI for service I am assuming that this would be covered under this program . Can anyone confirm this , thanks

My flight control will not take a charge
If you're really referring to the battery, then, yes, it can be replaced. See more details here.

The battery is also covered under the normal DJI warranty for 6 months (and not exceeding 200 charge cycles). See more details here.

Reactions: ff22
My flight control will not take a charge and I have posted a request from DJI for service I am assuming that this would be covered under this program . Can anyone confirm this , thanks

Are you saying the actual transmitter/controller/remote? Yes that has a one year warranty and should use that over Care refresh if applicable. You would have to pay deductible if you use your refresh is why I specify. And your next deductable is higher if you need it. Always use factory warranty if in effect for these type of manufacture issues and save your refresh program for your errors if it works out that way. :)

Last edited:
Oddly enough, the remote controller battery is not covered by DJI Care Refresh. It is only covered for one year by the DJI warranty.

Oddly enough, the remote controller battery is not covered by DJI Care Refresh. It is only covered for one year by the DJI warranty.

That is odd, as that could be one part that gets crushed by the car, shut in a door ect. That being the controller...regardless of battery inside. Seems a bit off actually...but oh well. ;)

@Laurence are you sure its the battery ,its possible to damage the micro usb connector on the side of the remote ,if you plug the connector in the wrong way up ,this will prevent the charger from working ,does the remote still connect to your device ok

@Laurence are you sure its the battery ,its possible to damage the micro usb connector on the side of the remote ,if you plug the connector in the wrong way up ,this will prevent the charger from working ,does the remote still connect to your device ok
Yes my remote controller does connect to the Mavic Mini and I have full function but again only with one LED on the controller .

Here is the sequence of events. After flying Sat afternoon I daisy chained battery pack of 3 and the controller to the charger that night ,the following morning I noticed one battery in the pack still blinking and one single LED on the controller. I went over and felt the battery pack and it was hot, specifically the last battery. I quickly disconnected the power from the pack and the controller. The battery pack after a couple a minutes displayed all 3 units fully charged with 4 LEDs but the controller remained on one LED.
I have tried 9 second rest on the controllerplugged it into the charger separately all of this to no avail .I remember when flying that afternoon that the controller was down to one LED and thinking "that was odd after only flying 2 batteries".
I have read my refresh agreement and it does not talk about the controller. My refresh ends Dec 18 2020
I have only 6 or so hrs on this unit and it is very concerning that something like this would break so soon whether it is the USB connection or a faulty battery I don't know .
I have put a request to DJI support and received a blanket email " we are in receipt of bla bla bla ,,,,,"response , hopefully I will hear back .

Yes my remote controller does connect to the Mavic Mini and I have full function but again only with one LED on the controller .

Here is the sequence of events. After flying Sat afternoon I daisy chained battery pack of 3 and the controller to the charger that night ,the following morning I noticed one battery in the pack still blinking and one single LED on the controller. I went over and felt the battery pack and it was hot, specifically the last battery. I quickly disconnected the power from the pack and the controller. The battery pack after a couple a minutes displayed all 3 units fully charged with 4 LEDs but the controller remained on one LED.
<SNIP>. My refresh ends Dec 18 2020
I have only 6 or so hrs on this unit and it is very concerning that something like this would break so soon whether it is the USB connection or a faulty battery I don't know .
I have put a request to DJI support and received a blanket email " we are in receipt of bla bla bla ,,,,,"response , hopefully I will hear back .

Have you investigated that it isn't charger side to insure that isn't a issue? I guess I don't understand the "Daisy Chain" charging system you used. I am probably losing something in translation. ;)

Edit: I just watched a video and was surprised at what I saw. It seems that the data side is handled by a Generic/USB-C? But the same port accepts a USB-Micro B for charging? I have never saw this EVER in my life in anything else. My remote charges USB-C but I use a SC.

Last edited:
have you tried to charge the RC by itself not using the battery hub ,when you use the hub to charge, it it is the last thing to be charged it doesn't get any charge till all three batteries are fully charged ,

When I refer in my posting to" daisy chain" I am ganging the battery pack and the controller together to the one charger supplied by DJI. Sometime I have another charger around and will separately charge the controller from that thus using 2 separate chargers.
Here is DJI refresh agreement states not covered 4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your product.
I will be chatting online today with DJI hopeful I can get warranty on the controller

Update I just received a reply to repair my controller from DJI Canada repair . I will get it mailed in tomorrow and post an update when I receive it back

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada