DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Zoom the better choice for hobbyists?

Freeman727

Reactions
I got the M2Z a few weeks ago and love it. If the weather and my work schedule would cooperate, I would love it more. I think there is not as much love for the Zoom on the internet. The only person I’ve found showing it love is Casey Neistat.

I think the Zoom is perfect for someone with the funds who wants to dabble with drones. I mean, I don’t think I’ll be color correcting or shooting low light scenes. I think the Zoom may even have an advantage in bright light straight out of the card.

I also like the super resolution feature for landscape stills.

If I ever take this more seriously, I can swap gimbal (although I doubt it).

The $200 savings is great although not that important to me.

Yup, much more appropriate for anything other than production-oriented use or mostly stills jobs IMO.

Mpz should arrive tomorrow, so we shall see Freeman .. :)

I love it! It's a huge upgrade compared with the P3S that I'm coming from. I brought it with me to work to use during lunch break.

I got the M2Z a few weeks ago and love it. If the weather and my work schedule would cooperate, I would love it more. I think there is not as much love for the Zoom on the internet. The only person I’ve found showing it love is Casey Neistat.

I think the Zoom is perfect for someone with the funds who wants to dabble with drones. I mean, I don’t think I’ll be color correcting or shooting low light scenes. I think the Zoom may even have an advantage in bright light straight out of the card.

I also like the super resolution feature for landscape stills.

If I ever take this more seriously, I can swap gimbal (although I doubt it).

The $200 savings is great although not that important to me.

I have both as I couldn’t decide which would be best so plan was to decide which to keep. Currently have flown zoom more than the pro.

All my test flights have been on the zoom with some secnic flights and landscape using the Pro.

At the moment I am still undecided!

I’m a bit torn on which one to buy. I like the 20mp stills. However I get the impression the hybrid autofocus will make the zoom better for video.

Is it true that the zoom has sharper daytime video?

I also went for the zoom for similar reasons. I originally had (and still have) the P3A.
I wish they incorporated more camera settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada