DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a control app that can show a user-selected telemetry parameter in real-time?

Is there any control app that allows choosing one of these (or any) telemetry parameter to be shown in real-time on the flight control screen?
Right. And now we're back to my statement that you'll likely never find this data available when flying a DJI consumer drone.

Why not? The average consumer doesn't want to access that data, so it's a hill that's likely not worth climbing for app developers.

Reactions: BudWalker
Right. And now we're back to my statement that you'll likely never find this data available when flying a DJI consumer drone.

Why not? The average consumer doesn't want to access that data, so it's a hill that's likely not worth climbing for app developers.
I don't get the consumer drone part. That information (current, GPS height, and others) is available through the DJI developer SDK API. In the case of GPS height, it is clearly described in the SDK documentation:
DJI Onboard SDK: Telemetry Topics
Therefore, I see no obstacle for any app developer pulling that information and showing it on the screen. If you have reviewed all apps and know such a feature doesn't exist, please let me know to stop asking. Otherwise, it is just a speculation that doesn't take us any closer to answering the original question.

I'm sure you have tried more control apps than me, so if you can let me know which apps you are confident don't have that feature, it would be a much-appreciated insight to get closer to an answer.

In the case of GPS height, it is clearly described in the SDK documentation
Where in the SDK documentation does it clearly show that data is available for DJI consumer drones?

After a flight, we all know that the flight log stores a huge amount of information. However, only a small fraction of it is available in real-time as we fly. In some cases, it would be very useful for my work to be able to see some of the telemetry data in real-time. The examples that are more relevant to me are:

1.- See pitch and/or roll to know in what direction the wind is blowing (a high winds warning with winds blowing towards the sea is more serious than towards land).
2.- See the GPS altitude. It is known that the altitude reported and used by the drone for navigation is a mix of GPS and barometric measurements, and sometimes, it can be tens or even a hundred meters off the real altitude. Especially if you take off with a poor GPS signal. So, seeing the GPS-only altitude would be useful (as once you are several hundred meters high, the GPS signal is usually very good).

Then my question is: Is there any control app that allows choosing one of these (or any) telemetry parameter to be shown in real-time on the flight control screen?

Hi @crada

THe FLy App does not provide enough data IN REAL TIME.
However
If you are prepared to annalyse data of your Flight POST the flight, DJI does send a fair amount of info with the MP4 files it stores.
If I remember correctly - the SRT files contain all the DATA for Each segment of MP4.

Then... You can use Software to Combine these - when Editing...

Here are three Examples of how I did this - ... for a Few Flights. (Click the Links)

Telemetry 2 - Sunset
Telemetry 1 - Sunset
Telemetry - Sunset

f.jpg
There is So much going on here - I tried to use as Much usable Data as Possible.
Sometimes using Moving Images, for the Data as Needed. (STUDY the VIDEO) - Everything a Pilot would Need is there.

Its Possible for a Developer to Create REAL Time Output of this if They Had the SDK to Work from.

Please Note: I stopped doing this because the Work load was excessive to create such a Video - But its surely Possible - if you create Templates - and Just throw the Data in there.
Also NOTE: That an SDK is Not available from DJI for the Mavic 3 Series ! (So real time Versions of sucha Flight App would be Impossible)

CMON DJI - Release the M3 SDK !!!

Hope this Helps...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman