DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a less involved way to use ND filters? Also, what to do with spare DJI shoulder bag?

projectarjun

Reactions
My Fly More combo came with the DJI ND filter, I find it a bit tedious to use ND filters as per the instructions. Are there any snap on filters available?

edit: I also don't have any use for the DJI shoulder bag, any suggestions what I can use that for?

??? The ND filters are basically snap on.. What is the issue you are having?
You have to push in and turn from what I’m reading, I feel like that leaves a lot of room for smudging up the glass

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
Well, all things considered, it's not a problem for me. I even went and bought the Freeman All-Day set. Maybe you could just practice using them to refine your skillset and relax your fears...

Well, all things considered, it's not a problem for me. I even went and bought the Freeman All-Day set. Maybe you could just practice using them to refine your skillset and relax your fears...
You're right, I just find any gimbal fragile to deal with ? but I'll go ahead and take the time work with it :) Cheers

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
You're right, I just find any gimbal fragile to deal with ? but I'll go ahead and take the time work with :) Cheers
Now that I can agree with. The way that thing just kind of flops around... lol

• Haha
Reactions: projectarjun
I usually use my bag for tools. Can't ever have enough. Also makes a useful man-bag now that I don't fill my pockets w stuff. Use your imagination. ?

I have a set of ND filters but don't use them often because I'm worried about harming the gimbal if it slips out of my hand while twisting the filter in place.

Reactions: projectarjun
Those filters are pretty easy to put on and take off. Just a very small turn - what a couple mm's and it's off or on. Holding the gimbal with the drone upside down as stated above is the best and easiest way. I put the lowest one on and never changed to the others. No real reason to with all the settings with either auto (EV up or down) or manual.

As for the case - why don't you use it? It's all I carry my Air2 in. Holds everything bu t my tablet and Skyreat tablet holder - which goes in my camera backback with my DSLR.

Sometime people make a mountain out of a molehill, when it doesn't need be. If the filters were going to be an issue, DJI would not have made it as simple as they have, esp for the Air2 series. As for smudges, you need a microfiber cloth anyway to make sure the "camera lens" is clean if you don't use a filter and I'd rather mess up a cheap / inexpensive ND or other filter (CPL / UV that some prefer over the ND's - which the claim do not work - horse hockey). But it is to each their own for what they use. Those of us on the DSLR photography world will gladly pay $50 for a UV or CPL filter to protect a $1,000 lens from being scratched or damaged - so why not on a $1,000 drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato