DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a minimum feet safety feature for my drone so it won't crash on the ground?

hassanchop

Reactions
Hello!

I'm going to make my first flight on my drone at the beach. Is there a safety feature where I can set that it won't go below 2 feet so I don't crash it into the ocean :)

Silly question but thought I would ask.

pls don´t loose your bird at first flight.. 2 feet?.. why not start with 20??
Water could be tricky for the sensors I heard so I would not go for terrain following mode or such..

Hello!

I'm going to make my first flight on my drone at the beach. Is there a safety feature where I can set that it won't go below 2 feet so I don't crash it into the ocean :)

Silly question but thought I would ask.
No!

As you may know, the MP has visual and sonar sensors on the bottom. Those sensors have different purposes and work pretty well, but they work better with mediums that aren't constantly in motion or changing color like the surface of a moving body of water. If 2' is your standard and you don't have that much experience, you are adding more variables for failure.

For the first flight I would say no... learning and training first !!

Then you can try [emoji6]

Like here

And after you read the manual. Don't even use the app the first 3 or 4 batteries. Just take it off and land, take it off and land, take it off and land until you're sick of taking off and landing. Then take it up to 100' (you're still in beginners mode) and land it. Again and again and again. Then take it up to 100' and 100' away and land it. Then graduate to seeing how RTH works. Now that you're so bored you wonder why you bought the thing. Plug in the app and start over. After you learn how to fly a bit you'll see why and wonder how you could ever have thought about taking it to the beach for the first flight.

Really, just search on "first flight crash" and read through all those and you'll see that what you are proposing is the equivalent to tying a $1000 bill to a rock and tossing it in the sea.

Yes there is .....

It's called the Mk1 eyeball ......

Please don't fly that low until you have a number of hours flying time under your belt.

Good lick with your new Mavic and enjoy your flights. :)

Your first flight need to be in a wide open area. Start in beginners mode. After that I would suggest you set max altitude to 400' and return to home altitude to 200'. If you don't have anything tall around you can set the RTH altitude lower. Practicing in a wide open area, beginner's mode and reading the manual will pretty much assure that you won't crash it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones