DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a minimum flight height by default?

Cristagally

Reactions
Hello everyone, I will soon fly over the water. Is there a minimum flight security enabled by default?

What if I try to crash the drone, the sensors will avoid me to crash it isn'it? I was pretty sure bottom sensors were diazbled during "sport mode", but enabled during cinematic or normlal mode... Is there a minimum height?

@Cristagally the mini 2 bottom sensors are always on the only way to disable them is to cover them with something such as electrical tape
the mini has sensors that can be confused by the reflections from the waters surface or any other reflective surface for that matter and need a contrasting pattern to enable them to work at their best the minimum height is about 2 ft or so ,but i would not fly below about 10 ft over water for the reasons i have outlined
if you can find a grassy slope to fly up go down to about 2ft then slowly fly the mini towards you and you will see that it climbs up the slope without any input from the sticks
but it does not work when you descend down a slope
the same sensors are what allow the drone to be flown inside a building when there is no GPS signal but the height from the surface is restricted and again they require a good contrasting surface to be able to work correctly

The Mini 2 has very little fight against the water compared to the other DJI drones.
So as stated above stay 10 ft above the water , and keep in mind a forced landing will be quick if battery power goes to low.

Gear to fly your Mini 2 In the Rain and Land on the Water.
Phantomrain.org

Thanks for your advice and your help. I appreciate. To be honest, I never try to fly the lowest possible on a soccer playground for example. On a hard surface, the mini 2 won't go down under x feet/meters?

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada