DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way the Mavic can fly an exact flight path?

lkwongolf

Reactions
I know that there is a waypoint mission option and courselock where you can create a direction for the mavic to go but I'm trying to get a shot where it flies low to the ground and but then rises in altitude whizzing over my head while I'm doing something. Is there a way to include altitude in some intelligent flight mode I don't know about?

Using Litchi you can set the elevation above the ground for each waypoint.

The basic waypoints option that is included in DJIGO 4 will allow one to fly a path and change elevation. One can map one of the bottom buttons on the Mavic's Remote controller (either C1 or C2) to drop a waypoint marker. If you change elevation between the markers that you drop then the Mavic will change elevation to ascend or descend accordingly.

As Mike stated Lichti is also a paid program that will change elevations as well within the Missions. Be aware that the Lichti Online Mission hub is crewed up currently after they upgraded the app. One can still plot missions from the app on the device , but just not from the Online Mission Hub currently. (waiting on a fix)

Drone Harmony and Litchi can do this as a pre-programmed mission. I imagine you could do something similar using waypoints in GO 4 but I haven't tried. I use Drone Harmony for a similar type of shot. Depending on distances you might want to disable forward sensors so it doesn't think you're an obstacle and hit the brakes.

Hi BDOG:

I could not for the life of me see where the instructor was hitting the "Apply" icon. I watched the video several times and missed it each time. Where on the screen is the Apply icon?

Thank you,
Chuck

[QUOTE="lkwongolf, post: 409511, member: 48302"I'm trying to get a shot where it flies low to the ground and but then rises in altitude whizzing over my head while I'm doing something.[/QUOTE]
Is this the sorta shot you are after??

[QUOTE="lkwongolf, post: 409511, member: 48302"I'm trying to get a shot where it flies low to the ground and but then rises in altitude whizzing over my head while I'm doing something.
[/QUOTE]
I guess that was intentional :)

[QUOTE="lkwongolf, post: 409511, member: 48302"I'm trying to get a shot where it flies low to the ground and but then rises in altitude whizzing over my head while I'm doing something.
[/QUOTE]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hi BDOG:

I could not for the life of me see where the instructor was hitting the "Apply" icon. I watched the video several times and missed it each time. Where on the screen is the Apply icon?

Thank you,
Chuck
The buttons on the bottom of the Remote Controller are known as C1 and C2. The person in the video has "assigned" the C1 button on the Remote Controller to Set Waypoint within the DJIGO 4 app. So all he needs to do is Fly to the First Waypoint that he wants to mark/ record then he presses the C1 button and it adds the waypoint (quick and easy) Then he flys to the next waypoint and presses the C1 button again. So on and so forth... He also has mapped the C2 button to Delete a Waypoint so if he screws up he can just press C2 and the waypoint is removed.

After setting all of the waypoints he would click the Done button to store /save the Waypoint mission.

Setting waypoints for ones flight path will have the Mavic Pro fly paths infinitely smoother than using manual sticks (unless you have really tuned your flight control sticks sensitivity and are a seasoned pro)

The only bummer with the DJIGO4 app is one must fly the waypoint path first using precious battery power. With a paid app like Lichti one can preplan a mission and not have to manually fly it first.

Reactions: Simmo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG