DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to disable CSC on Mavic?

I see what you mean. This experiment went well

I'm going to hijack this thread since the OPs question seems to be answered.

I found this thread because I was wondering about the same thing. "Of the two motor shutdown options available.. How do they differ?"

CSC maneuver = positioning the control sticks in these combinations will shutdown the motors. Period.. Flying, landed, spinning upside down on the ground like a banshee.. Lol any time.

For emergency use only = positioning the control sticks in these combinations will shutdown the motors when the mavic detects an error.. Spinning upside down on the pavement like a banshee, digging its own grave.. Lol

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was wondering about this too because in my fast, aerobatic toy drones. I can see myself positioning the sticks in these combinations, trying to do some weird, crazy, break the laws of physics maneuver. :DThumbswayup

Even though I'm new to the mavic. After a few months of use. (I've only ever used the mavic for work), I've never even come close to doing this accidentally. In fact I have never even put my poor mavic into sport mode. I have come to think of it as a camera. Not an rc toy. I have plenty of crazy "go balls out" 80 dollar drones to play with. The mavic is just one of several cameras I use to pay the bills.

Now on to hijacking this thread!
In this video of the phantom doing the CSC maneuver test. How did the phantom not hit the ground? Did they do the start motor combination that we use before take off to restart the motors while it was falling? And will the mavic behave in this manner too? Someone other then me test this..lol jk

And before anyone starts with the arguments of "why would you ever want to do this? And why are you in a situation where there may be a collision with another aircraft in the first place?" I'll just answer now. With my mavic, I am confident that I will never need to. And never be in a situation where i would need it in the air. While its crashed and killing itself on the ground? Or stuck in a tree trimming the branches? Lol yeah I'm glad I have this.
I just thought that this was pretty cool of the phantom. Impressed me.

Food for thought. I used to fly RC gliders and airplanes on these mountains in Blossom Valley and we shared the sky with those paraglider guys an gals. They would watch our planes and swoop in and steal our thermals knowing that we would have to dive to get out of their way. Very jerk like behavior.. Most of them were great people and shared the sky and we played together but sometimes a real asshat would show up. Once we were standing at the peak with our gliders out in front of us and this dude comes swooping in from behind us and tried to kick my brother in the back of the head. Remember they, like our gliders are completely silent. We were young and there was more of us, so that was an interesting day.:rolleyes:
Another time, an awesome paraglider was losing altitude and saw that I had caught a great, very hot thermal. He needed it. So he came swooping in fast. I couldn't react. And he hit my glider. Was funny cause it got plastered onto the front of all his cables and he says " HAHA! MINE" and he goes flying up into the sky. Stole my thermal AND my glider. He gets as high as he can and my glider slowly slides down his cables until he could reach it. He grabbed it and got more altitude. He shouted "READY?!" And he re-launches it from the sky for me. FUN!
Another. Hanging out at the peak. Enjoying the day with the view, paragliders, hang gliders, and rc pilots. And one of those aerobatic Red Bull racer type airplanes comes swooping UP the side of the mountain. Looked like he was surfing the mountain side and the cliffs like a wave. I swear he was 30 - 40 feet from the rocks. Scared the ba-jesus out of all of us! Even though it was very cool. It was extremely dangerous. I hope that dude is still alive. Gotta love California Thumbswayup

Oops I digress.. I need someone to talk to..:p

How did they restart this phantom midair after the CSC maneuver?

Wow, crazy guys with that video.

The only emergency like that that I can think of is danger of hitting a manned vehicle like balloon or aircraft of some kind.

I have done many shots that circle around an object (which means you are pulling apart both sticks either left or right). It is vetually impossible to do those shots while descending or moving back so the CSC move is not going to happen accidentally. Only intentionally.

Wow, crazy guys with that video.

The only emergency like that that I can think of is danger of hitting a manned vehicle like balloon or aircraft of some kind.

I have done many shots that circle around an object (which means you are pulling apart both sticks either left or right). It is vetually impossible to do those shots while descending or moving back so the CSC move is not going to happen accidentally. Only intentionally.

I agree. CSC shutdown will not happen accidentally with the mavic. And if you need to use it to avoid a balloon or plane, then you shouldn't be flying there in the first place. (Just my opinion) But did you see how the phantom recovered? Was awesome! Can the mavic do that? Try it for me please. Then report back. :p

Last edited:
Someone posted a video of a Mavic mid-air CSC recovery:

It's one of those "Don't try this at home" things, but it's fun to know nonetheless.

I agree. CSC shutdown will not happen accidentally with the mavic. And if you need to use it to avoid a balloon or plane, then you shouldn't be flying there in the first place. (Just my opinion) But did you see how the phantom recovered? Was awesome! Can the mavic do that? Try it for me please. Then report back. :p

Would any warning message on screen denote an emergency situation?

Someone posted a video of a Mavic mid-air CSC recovery:

It's one of those "Don't try this at home" things, but it's fun to know nonetheless.
Notes: Mavic likes to fall head first and does not want to flip upside down when unpowered. It seems to have a bit of a glide affect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes