DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to prevent Dji from monitoring my flights?

I am using DJI Go4. I also just got my report. How do i shut off sync?
I found that DJI report sort of scary too, but it did remind me of the exact date I flew my first flight! It knew everything about me- each flight and details of each flight.

So yes, how do I turn it off (Mavic 2 Pro) in the settings?

Dale

Truthfully I can not remember, I have questioned this myself some time ago but that might have been in connection with the Fly App, either way I can not, at the moment, find the post. I like my DAT logs (see below "1)") plus I do not like the idea of my flight logs being in someone else's control so I do not want syncing to take place.
I think syncing has to be authorised so one solution might be to uninstall the App and then reinstall it. That might mean that syncing is unauthorised. If you do not want to change the app version download and install the APK for the old version from one of the APK sites. I am on the wrong computer to check which APK site I have used.

When you look at the flight logs in the App there is a cloud like symbol at the top right of the page, there is something in my mind about that but I am reluctant to experiment. I also had a browse through the gear cog / settings thing there's rather a lot authorised in that but where it reads "DJI " I am uncertain whether it refers to an internet connection to DJI or allowing the App and only the App to access data from the phone.

I can think of two possible ways to check if you are syncing flight logs, fly a flight and
1) Using the phone's file browser check your phone for a corresponding DAT flight log. I believe syncing deletes them.
2) look at your avatar? thing on the DJI forum (the DJI site, not here) and see if the flight distance thing increases.

Last edited by a moderator:
No limits drones, software hacking in some models, Google finds their website fine and models listed there.
I’m fairly sure Go4 has toggle for this (turn on / off auto sync), or maybe it’s via airdata.
TBH I have no idea if mine is on or off, think it’s auto on from the factory.
Not sure about Fly app drones.

Does DJI get txt and dat uploads in the case of an incident, flyaway or crash ?
Could be handy to have this syncing auto in case of needing to log a claim at some point.
I don’t think DJI has either the interest, time, or inclination to be monitoring anyone’s flights.

I was surprised when I go an end of year report. I was not aware that Dji gets flight data.
DJI doesn't get to see your flight data, unless you give it to them by synching the data.

I was just looking at my Go4 if i tap the "me" button on the bottom and then the settings (cog wheel top right) and then click "privacy" you can toggle on/off a heading that is called "DLI Device's Hardware Information". It reads:

"Information of the DJI device that is paired with the App including serial numbers of the main control, gimbal, camera and battery. Denying DJI access to this information will prevent the following features from functioning: Self-unlocking, flight record upload device activation."

any thoughts????

I keep my MP 1 in airplane mode, so it doesn't communicate on the internet. I don't want DJI to keep track of my flying. I am reluctant to do update to keep DJI from instituting any restrictions to my flying.

Reactions: Pallidin
I keep my MP 1 in airplane mode, so it doesn't communicate on the internet. I don't want DJI to keep track of my flying. I am reluctant to do update to keep DJI from instituting any restrictions to my flying.
Forgive my confusion- isn't it the phone or i Pad that you put in airplane mode? I am not sure if there is an airplane mode in my DJIGo4 app.

Dale

I have sync enabled and will keep it that way. I have no problem with DJI having access to the flight data, but I want it to store in the cloud so if I change device or app I will be able to see all of the data. I also use Airdata app.
Also I want the flight data to be accessible by DJI because in the case of crash or incident DJI will have access to the logs.

Correct, the drones I know of have no direct access to the internet.
If so, then here is my question. I fly routinely with the least expensive Apple iPad. It has practically no storage. 32GB. It only has wi-fi and no cell. I cannot call from it. Here is a screen shot. I always have it on airplane mode. Can DJI track me? This is how I have been flying since day one.

DaleiPad.jpg

I doubt it but make sure sync'ing with DJI is switched off and that might include syncing with Airdata if you use them, you'd need to investigate that yourself. If you sync your logs they have all your flight details.
If I want to upload anything to airdata (recent versions of the FLY app only I download the logs to computer and then upload those that I want to 'look at' manually from the computer, once the logs have been processed I download the csv and delete the log from Airdata.
In addition what wifi networks can your iPad log in to? Can you set it to NOT log in to public wifi networks? Then there is no risk of accidental connections to the internet.
I presume the greyed out wifi switch means wifi can not be switched off.

No, my Mavic Mini had care refresh and I never sync'ed.
In the event of an incident I can see that they might ask for the logs but, in most cases, they are likely to be able to get the DAT's from the returned drone and I'd suspect those are better than the logs recorded on the phone.

I use an old iPhone 7 with my Air 2S and it stays in airplane mode. Before I take it out of airplane mode I use the files app on the iPhone, go to the DJI Fly folder, where I delete many folders like FlightRecords, hmslog httpLogs, Logs, TrackingLOG.... After I delete all of these folders I connect to Wifi to check for firmware updates. It seems the next time I use the Fly app it rebuilds these folders.

One of these days I am going to delete all of the folders and see if the Fly app rebuilds them all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123