DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to Program Litchi to Retrace an Existing Manual Flight?

Grantt

Reactions
Lets say I've manually flown around an area using normal DJIGo4. Is there a way that I can program the drone to automatically refly that exact same path at a later date? Hoping there is a built in magic feature to do this. :)

But if there is no magic feature, I know that I can go back into the flight logs and see exactly where the drone flew. Meaning that the flight log must contain a detailed list of Lat/long coordinates and altitude. Not sure if it also contains pitch and yaw data. So I wonder if I can take these coordinates and transfer it into a Litchi mission containing thousands of waypoints based on that flight log. That should accomplish the task I'm thinking about. Launch the mission and it will retrace the original flight. The waypoints would contain xyz coordinates, camera pitch and yaw. That sounds like a reasonable task that could somehow be automated. I suppose mimicking the exact speed of the drone could be problematic, but that's ok, I'm thinking it doesn't have to arrive at every waypoint at the exact same time as the original mission.

Any thoughts on this?

Oh. I didn't know litchi had a 99 point max. That might be an issue. Thanks for the input.

Pretty sure you have want have to use Litchi, create a mission and save it.. Then in the future after you have flown that mission, you can repeat the exact flight path because it will have been saved.... I have a bunch of mine saved....

Pretty sure you have want have to use Litchi, create a mission and save it.. Then in the future after you have flown that mission, you can repeat the exact flight path because it will have been saved.... I have a bunch of mine saved....
Yes. We normally manually enter a Litchi mission waypoint by waypoint, then save it, and fly it, and fly it again in the future as many times we want. I'm looking for a way for instead of "manually" entering the waypoints, have some routine that will automatically enter those waypoints into Litchi based on a previously flown "joystick controlled" flight.

Yes. We normally manually enter a Litchi mission waypoint by waypoint, then save it, and fly it, and fly it again in the future as many times we want. I'm looking for a way for instead of "manually" entering the waypoints, have some routine that will automatically enter those waypoints into Litchi based on a previously flown "joystick controlled" flight.

Do you take photos as you are doing it? There are ways to extract waypoints from photos as a CSV and KML files too, then you could enter that into Litchi. I use ExifTools to make KML’s for GoogleEarth and waypoints on my GPS, it could easily be used to create the same for Litchi:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada