DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to reverse the gimbal controller…

@SquawkVFR ,the only way to change the direction would be to swap the wires over inside the RC which would involve taking it apart and identifying those wires

I'm with the OP - tend to move it the wrong way at least once each flight. Would be nice if the app had an option to configure the wheel direction.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Even better would be an option to interchange the two scroll wheels. Easy to do in firmware.

Having altitude, pan and tilt all on the same hand results in operations far more difficult than they need to be.

Ever find yourself inadvertently panning when you operated the gimbal tilt wheel? Avoiding this unwanted interaction requires precise hand control. Immobilizing all hand movement except the wheel is not easy, especially during an ascent or descent.

Moving gimbal tilt to the right hand would eliminate this needlessly complex and difficult operation.

First post here. I only joined so I could see pics on another post on how to rewire the Air 1 controller.

I won't go on a rant, as that has been beaten to death but, I can not believe that I had to rewire the controller.

I will also mention that I stopped flying my drone for a long time because of this. That is how frustrating this is to me. If you are ok with it the way it is, I'm jealous of your abilities and be grateful you do not have an issue with it.

I also want to note that rather than replace my old Air with another DJI, I'm looking for alternatives just due to this.

It is amazing to me the amount of complaints this has garnered with no action by DJI.

Edit: Thank you to those that have shared their modifications.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803