DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there an easy way to assess your proximity to subject from camera view..?

I actually live real close to Port Canaveral, and we do get some really nice ships coming and going out of here. I only have 3.5 hrs flight time in, so practice, practice, practice.

Hi! I have done a "scientific" calculation and even practised how to fly and pass narrow spaces like tree branches or openings.
I'd like to revisit this thread, as I have a question...in your image, it is captioned: "I have measured and practiced that you can pass a 45cm wide area of the 'yellow' mark when you are approximately 130cm from the subject..."

Are you using any particular method to determine that 130cm distance?

- Jeff

I'd like to revisit this thread, as I have a question...in your image, it is captioned: "I have measured and practiced that you can pass a 45cm wide area of the 'yellow' mark when you are approximately 130cm from the subject..."

Are you using any particular method to determine that 130cm distance?

- Jeff
Hi Photo2be here... I handhold (no flight to begin with) the Mini2 and measured the width of the "yellow" square...when the Mini was 130cm away. Easy to check and try at home - not flying ofcourse. Then I flew slow outdoors.

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Hertzdonut
Hi Photo2be here... I handhold (no flight to begin with) the Mini2 and measured the width of the "yellow" square...when the Mini was 130cm away. Easy to check and try at home - not flying ofcourse. Then I flew slow outdoors.
Hi Photo2be, thanks for answering my question! Nice job with the careful planning! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem