DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is there any way to extract a video feed from the Mavic Mini remote?

paulatkin73

Reactions
Hi,
I am looking for any information that may help to do a modification to MM remote - i want to replace top cover of the remote with a custom made one with an embedded screen, 2.5" or something like that, similar to screens used in the VR goggles.
i can handle the parts of the screen integration, but, it depends upon what is available on the remote processor unit for the video feed extraction. I want to hope the remote itself does most of the decoding prior to streaming the feed into the USB connector for the app on the phone - but, could anybody who actually knows how it works in DJI remotes provide any guidance?

The idea is, in short, to augment a current MM remote to make it somewhat similar to how autel evo remote is built - with a way smaller screen, of course - whatever fits - but, somewhat similar, to allow flying the drone without phone connection. i think to rip apart old eachine ev100 goggles for that, for the POC, to see how it may work out, but, without knowing details of the remote schematics not much of that makes any practical sense.

No chance I guess. The video stream is heavily compressed to both optimise the hf transmission and to fit through the USB interface. The main task of the Fly app is decoding that compressed stream. So you would need to put a complete Android system into the remote which is able for running the Fly app.

Maybe there is some pre-decoding from hf receiver format into an USB compatible format within the remote. But remember, you want to transmit a HD video stream through a USB 2 connection which has only 380mb/s throughput at best. This is too slow for uncompressed video if you want an adequate frame rate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121