DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there drone protection from Airscope?

....The thing is Aeroscope basically dead and being substituted by RID, DroneScanner, OpendroneID, and other apps and dedicated (and super cheap) receivers available to everyone, not just law enforcement.....
Aeroscope is only dead if do you not already have one. DJI discontinues the production and sale, they did not turn of the functionality for the government entities still making use of it.

As long as a drone (any manufacturer) is communicating to a remote, it can be tracked. Not as easy or with the same precision as Aeroscope, but it's not rocket science.

Aeroscope is only dead if do you not already have one. DJI discontinues the production and sale, they did not turn of the functionality for the government entities still making use of it.

As long as a drone (any manufacturer) is communicating to a remote, it can be tracked. Not as easy or with the same precision as Aeroscope, but it's not rocket science.

This September every drone of the major brands (DJI, Autel, Parrot, Skydio, etc) will be emitting RID (or its operator will be fool enough to put a RID transmitter to be compliant), so there's no need for fancy triangulation or Aeroscope anymore, any cop&karen with his mobile will bust you.

Aeroscope will be "dead" because of its bulkiness and limitation to just one brand (DJI), now your local cops will track your drone by just using DroneScanner or by having a dedicated and super cheap (compared to the €4.000 that cost every Aeroscope unit) small receiver.

So to put it in perspective, there were around 80-100 Aeroscope units in Spain (one for every drone oriented patrol + some of the local police), now there are just 80+ million devices (every smartphone, every tablet) capable of tracking your drone (Mavic 3, Mini3, Air2S, etc) in a 3.5+ Km radius.

PS: Of course, some places will still need bird radars, sound radars, visual radars and triangulation to try to spot DIY drones and non-compliant drones in the vicinity, but all of those measures don't really work as they can't pinpoint and track the pilot as easy and brutally accurate as RID does; one packet, that's all you need to see the pilot's location.

I am sorry R is tracking/harassing your drones. IF one could find a way to translate the current DJI frequencies to 900mz you could: A. Fly 5-10 miles from controller, and B. Opponent would have some trouble interfering with or tracking your signal. I have a 900mhz encrypted land based microwave hop with a strong signal 16 miles in both directions. Ghz band won’t go that far at drone power levels. 900 mhz on a drone may not either. There’s a number of technical considerations, but maybe it’s possible. I’m sure I couldn’t do it. If the day ever comes that the FAA allows 107 BVLOS, I’d love to have a drone that could go far. 900mhz may offer good potential for range.

Please be careful, and stay safe. I wish you the best.

Down or up convertor. That's what amateur (ham) radio operators use to not have to buy yet another expensive radio to broadcast on another frequency/band.

For the whole war scenario thing, you simply use a burst transmission on a whole slew of pre-picked wide bandwidth frequencies. Say at one moment the drone hears its commands via 923 MHz as a 20 ms burst and then at 1200 MHz as a 20 ms burst. It's like spread spectrum I guess and is highly resistant to jamming. Of course if I can think it so have others no doubt. The other possibility is command and control via satellite.

LoRa would be the way to go...

Is there way to protect yourself from Airscope, so it can't be possible to detect take off and landing location?
Information that may be useful and important.
There was a period when Mavic 3 with firmware over 600 was on sale. And they were not suitable for customization from the Aeroscope. Now a developer from China has handed over the keys to downgrade any firmware to 600.
Цим займається Роман Рябошапка із Фонду Притули.
I recommend contacting him, perhaps he can suggest something competent about the Mavic Air 2. I have no contacts.

Reactions: FallTester
Down or up convertor. That's what amateur (ham) radio operators use to not have to buy yet another expensive radio to broadcast on another frequency/band.

For the whole war scenario thing, you simply use a burst transmission on a whole slew of pre-picked wide bandwidth frequencies. Say at one moment the drone hears its commands via 923 MHz as a 20 ms burst and then at 1200 MHz as a 20 ms burst. It's like spread spectrum I guess and is highly resistant to jamming. Of course if I can think it so have others no doubt. The other possibility is command and control via satellite.

LoRa would be the way to go...
In a war scenario, you are trying to track inbound drones. As long as you can pick up a signal, it doesn't matter what the signal is. All you need to do is to identify the direction it's traveling in. What you want are drones that are "launch and forget", with no radio transmissions from the drone.

Reactions: bmcelya
I was doing research on my spread spectrum idea and found this article very interesting.

Tolchinsky describes a new, smart frequency hopping system that scans the airwaves, spots which frequencies are being jammed, and automatically switches to an open frequency. But even this will not solve the problem permanently.

What you want are drones that are "launch and forget", with no radio transmissions from the drone.

That's one way, but limits some of what you can do. A burst over a spread of frequencies to command the thing to do things like drop grenades or what ever is apparent as to what we're hearing in the news.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy