DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there value in a broken Mini 1?

Angry.Chimp

Reactions
So while testing my faithful mini 1 in preparation for holiday we had an "incident".

Alas my little SkyMonkey is now sitting on the healing bench looking very unhappy. Camera gimble mount shattered, ribbon cable torn and topshell cracked. It may be time to send him off into the final sunset. Then I can get a nice shiny 3 Pro :)

So 3 Pros are not cheap and Mr Gates is still to reply to my request for a £1 billion 'investment' grant - so I am looking to close the gap between available funds and retail.

Is there a market for taking in 'retired' drones for breaking and reselling? If so, could someone point me to such a place please.

Thanks

There was a market for broken Mavic Minis, check ebay, whether or not it still exists is another matter.
Tongue in cheek, I'd take off you is you are feeling generous but I already have a couple of wrecked ones, as donors, so there is no value as such to me

there will always be someone, who can make use of the working bits from a MM
but their value, is a much harder thing to evaluate,put it on eBay for £50 to £75 and see if there are any takers, or donate it to someone you know of, for spare parts

Oh blimey, just had a look on ebay my self and they are selling quite well, in which case my 'offer' is withdrawn lol before someone tells me to F O lol.

If you use ebay MAKE SURE you ONLY sell it in the "For parts or not working" category.
DO NOT sell it in the "used" category, if sold in the latter it is supposed to work as intended and, irrespective of any text in the advert, if the buyer lodges a "Not as described" complaint you would 'lose' and end up out of pocket for any return carriage charge.
If sold in the "For parts or not working" category then it need not work etc.

I would also suggest photographing the damage and all serial numbers. There are some schizter buyers out there who might try pulling flankers, photographs are a useful way of protecting against this. The flight logs record serial numbers so keep them until at the sale is complete and the buyer satisfied etc..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147