DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this good as it gets ?

Oh, yeah, that's the best your gonna get with where, what and when you were shooting. It's not as good as an EVO2 Pro, but it's very close. Most photogs recommend shooting highly lit areas, like cities, parking lots, cloudless nights with a full moon, and other areas where there is significant lighting. Video always turns out much darker than photo's. The reasons need not be said.

Is this the best I can hope for video quality wise night flying with the Air 2s ? I flew using 1080 res , 24 frames a sec , max iso and D-Log profile .Any tips on what are the best settings for this kind of night flying.
I think your flying was fabulous.The problem with the film is I think there was little softness throughout, and of course, the noise. If the drone had a better sensor for low light it would make a big difference.

Because you shot with D-Log, you should have a lot of latitude to color grade the shadows up a bit to bring out more detail. I edit with Adobe Premiere which has the Lumetri color system built in.
Otherwise - excellent flying & video!

I'm curious about whether you tried one of the higher resolution modes on the Air 2S - 2.7, 4, or 5.4k? Or were you using 1080 to get the greater zoom ratio?

Was it necessary to turn the ISO up to the max to get a reasonable shutter speed? Higher ISO leads to more graininess.

Very nice video, by the way.

Oh, yeah, that's the best your gonna get with where, what and when you were shooting. It's not as good as an EVO2 Pro, but it's very close. Most photogs recommend shooting highly lit areas, like cities, parking lots, cloudless nights with a full moon, and other areas where there is significant lighting. Video always turns out much darker than photo's. The reasons need not be said.
Most countries including mine make flying over urban areas illegal so my choice of locations is pretty limited

Is this the best I can hope for video quality wise night flying with the Air 2s ? I flew using 1080 res , 24 frames a sec , max iso and D-Log profile .Any tips on what are the best settings for this kind of night flying.
That was great flying. For some reason the second half looked sharper to me than the first half.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78