DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this normal ? - AF making its mind up

AeroJ

Reactions
I haven't had much cause to distrust Auto-focus on the M4P since I've had it, but on the last flight it called attention to itself at several points in the flights. Firstly, I took off from a landing pad amongst tall grasses, so it would try and focus on those on the ground, but on take-off it took a little while to sort itself out, although once it apparently decided it had to do it, the refocus was instantaneous and correct.

And then after that there were several moments where it seemed unable to decide what should be in focus, and there was some changing its mind, as we can see in the short clip below... of course in both those clips I notice we are presenting the camera with quite a difficult choice in terms of 2 big areas of widely spaced land that divide roughly in the centre, so I am happy to accept that just might be what it does when the focus choice isn't obvious, but thought I'd check, because obviously it is a footage-ruining moment every time it happens !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did see once video which suggested flying in MF / mountain mode, which is in theory 'infinite / everything in focus' but the one time I got a whole flight's worth of footage back blurred because I didn't spot that I had accidentally switched it to Manual that was in 'mountain mode' and nothing was in focus !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n