DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this normal for slightly used drone?

This is an OLD USED drone which is no longer production. There is nothing "slightly" used about this years-old drone. Scratches indicate a problem. Are there any other detailed pictures? What were the storage conditions while the seller had the drone?
$1,400 seems exorbitant.

This is a picture of a used Mavic 2 Pro I'm considering purchasing.

Seller (seems legit), says drone flew no more than 10 times and drone looks to be in good shape other than these scratches.

Is this normal for this claimed usage?

My Enterprise comes with a padded gimbal cover and so mo marks. My Air 2S doesn't have padding and was used many more times but isnt scratched....

What do you guys think?

View attachment 158413
A lot the time flash pictures tend to bring out things that you wouldn't normally see at all. I took some pictures of a radio I was selling one time, and they looked terrible. I retook the pictures without the flash and they looked perfect. Those marks may not be visible at all, or may be there from the gimbal cover. They don't look too serious to me.

Reactions: pnovotny
This is an OLD USED drone which is no longer production. There is nothing "slightly" used about this years-old drone. Scratches indicate a problem. Are there any other detailed pictures? What were the storage conditions while the seller had the drone?
$1,400 seems exorbitant.
Hello FLDave,
Thanks for the response.
I'm attaching additional pictures, thanks for any additional comments.

Attachments

• received_889879375760503.jpeg
    received_889879375760503.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 11
  • received_884588899555935.jpeg
    received_884588899555935.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 12
  • received_558104939046582.jpeg
    received_558104939046582.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 12
  • received_468533825448796.jpeg
    received_468533825448796.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
I assume that these pictures are provided by the seller.
For selling a drone I would provide a lot of pictures because I would want to make sure the potential seller could see all details pretty much as if the buyer were present looking at the product. So, I would provide a top-down picture of the drone with arms out and propeller blades extended. I would provide close-ups of propeller blades. I would provide an image of battery compartment open (numbers blocked). Also: side image of each side with with arms folded and extended, gimbal area as much as possible. Getting the best pictures will get the best price, unless the seller is hiding something. Battery pictures are also important, especially the contacts.
Did I miss information about a controller? If there is no controller you need to figure out a separate cost and associated problems for that.
When it comes to price it's what YOU see as the value to yourself, not what the seller wants to recover from initial costs.

I've got a three+ year old M2P with hundreds of flights but less than a third of the scratches as that one. I replace and remove the gimbal guard each and every flight. To get like that amount of scratching in ten flights seems a little odd to me but some scratching should be expected.
I agree. The Mavic 2 Pro looks to have been flown more than disclosed. I’ve flown my M2P for 4 years and have far less scratches on top of the camera housing.

If I was the buyer, I’d request a screen shot if the total flight time on the drone.

Reactions: Ty Pilot and PAW
Yes. ALL Mavic 2 Pros come with that crazy bubble cover that “protects” the camera. You will likely notice that one of the rear propeller arms rubs against the body when folding. I have two of them and other people I know have the same issue. I have an engineering background and the hinged bubble guard is the dumbest most complicated DJI has ever produced. I finally bought the cover that
Polar Pro makes. Problem solved

Last edited:
$1,400 seems exorbitant.
wow 1400.00 is way to much ,909.00 for brand new mini 3 pro ,best drone on the market hands down , i own all dji drones .

Mine started acting up after about 120 hours in the air. No serious crashes, just a lot of flights. So the question is: how many hours in the air?

Seller (seems legit), says drone flew no more than 10 times and drone looks to be in good shape other than these scratches.

My Enterprise comes with a padded gimbal cover and so mo marks. My Air 2S doesn't have padding and was used many more times but isnt scratched....

What do you guys think?

View attachment 158413
Some pilots don't take care of their aircraft. I wish you the best with that drone. It is a well equiped drone.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 158413
Hello...Unfortunately these marks are caused by the gimbal protector, since it is in contact with the upper part of the camera...and it does not have padding or plush to avoid these marks...it is totally normal...

My Mavic pro camera hits the Gimbal cover when it goes thru the start up procedure. This is not the proactive cover, it's the Gimbal cover shade to shield the camera from the Sun, tree branches ETC. I don't put it in until it goes thru its start up prodcedure, to avoid camera hitting the cover. It has left marks on the camera body as well. Now I let it go thru the startup procedure, before putting on the gimbal cover for flight.

I've got a three+ year old M2P with hundreds of flights but less than a third of the scratches as that one. I replace and remove the gimbal guard each and every flight. To get like that amount of scratching in ten flights seems a little odd to me but some scratching should be expected.
Exactly.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 158413mine has the same scratches but not that many.
Mine has scratches but not that many.
I've also left my stickers on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw