Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Is this normal?

Ripper7620

Sorry for all the posts with similar questions, but I'm just trying to make sense of my camera's behavior. I shoot strictly in D-log for video, and am just wondering, is it normal to have to use an ND64PL to avoid over exposure? My camera settings have been: -1,-1,0, and are now: -1,-2,0. It's seems to me that I should be able to get away with an ND16PL in full sunlight. Do you you think there's a problem with my camera, as it now won't auto focus correctly with the ND64PL. It behaved differently when the drone was new. Do you think I need to have it looked at, or is this something I can address myself? I've tried a full reset of my camera's settings to no avail.

Mossiback

ND16 would be for cloudy days, ND32 for sunny days, and ND64 for bright conditions sun on snow or sand. The filter used should not affect focusing unless not enough light is getting through (auto-focus does not work well at night).

If it behaved differently when the drone was new then it is possible that a change in firmware/software affected focusing but then there should be a lot of postings about this new, sudden problem. I do not mean to insult you, but have you cleaned your camera lens and filters lately? It is so easy to put a finger smudge on them.

Ripper7620

ND16 would be for cloudy days, ND32 for sunny days, and ND64 for bright conditions sun on snow or sand. The filter used should not affect focusing unless not enough light is getting through (auto-focus does not work well at night).

If it behaved differently when the drone was new then it is possible that a change in firmware/software affected focusing but then there should be a lot of postings about this new, sudden problem. I do not mean to insult you, but have you cleaned your camera lens and filters lately? It is so easy to put a finger smudge on them.
Yes, I always clean the original, as well as the filter lenses when I change filters.

genesimmons

what shutter speed do u see with the filter on, if its very low maybe the nd is to strong and shes simply not getting enough light, try a flight in decent but not blinding light without the filter and see how she reacts,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheshirefamily