DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this the fastest drone ever?

Could be, might be, the case but I'm not buying it.. original theory stands.
I don't know why but every time these show up, plenty of people would rather believe things that are impossible rather than simple, logical explanations that happen to be true.

Could be, might be, the case but I'm not buying it.. original theory stands.
Original theory?
Here are some things to think about before you can take that track.
The speed is dependent on the distance travelled in the short time the object was visible.
How fast do you want to believe the object flew?
Can an object achieve that speed at low level and without anyone noticing?
What size would the object be to be visible at that 3000 metres distance?
I have trouble spotting a 30 metre tugboat at 3000 m.
It's a small dot at 1000 m
Here's a 300 metre container ship photographed with the wideangle lens of my drone at a distance of 1600 metres.
DJI_0181aa-L.jpg

How far away do you think you could spot a Phantom with the drone's camera?
Maybe I should do some tests to show that tomorrow.

I don't know why but every time these show up, plenty of people would rather believe things that are impossible rather than simple, logical explanations that happen to be true.
Simple... because its more fun! Like believing in Santa Clause.. which I do not, but a reasonable correlation? ?

Tis the season...

Just for those that still think the image could be a Phantom and that the speed must be exceptional because it travelled such a great distance in a short time .....

I did some test flying to get a few shots of a Phantom as seen by the wideangle lens of another drone at measured distances.
The wideangle lens makes objects appear further away than they actually are as you see in these shots.
Click on the first image to see it full screen and use your right arrow key to scroll through them:

You also see how the huge depth of field of the drone camera, it shows the Phantom in focus at all those distances .. never fuzzy and out of focus.

I also released some dandelion pappus and let the breeze blow them past the hovering drone at a distance of 1-2 metres and this is what they look like:
i-KzdC8br-XL.jpg

I hope this helps to get a better idea of what the UFO really was (and what it couldn't possibly be).
The key points
Objects look much further away with the drone's wideangle lens
A Phantom-sized object couldn't possibly be visible in a photo at >200 metres
For the object to be out of focus, it has to be very close to the lens
i-nscF5TN-X3.jpg

i-4jKv6sK-X3.jpg

Just for those that still think the image could be a Phantom and that the speed must be exceptional because it travelled such a great distance in a short time .....

I did some test flying to get a few shots of a Phantom as seen by the wideangle lens of another drone at measured distances.
The wideangle lens makes objects appear further away than they actually are as you see in these shots.
Click on the first image to see it full screen and use your right arrow key to scroll through them:

You also see how the huge depth of field of the drone camera, it shows the Phantom in focus at all those distances .. never fuzzy and out of focus.

I also released some dandelion pappus and let the breeze blow them past the hovering drone at a distance of 1-2 metres and this is what they look like:
i-KzdC8br-XL.jpg

I hope this helps to get a better idea of what the UFO really was (and what it couldn't possibly be).
The key points
Objects look much further away with the drone's wideangle lens
A Phantom-sized object couldn't possibly be visible in a photo at >200 metres
For the object to be out of focus, it has to be very close to the lens
i-nscF5TN-X3.jpg

i-4jKv6sK-X3.jpg
Ok...if i understand you correctly. we know what it isn't. So what IS it?

There’s a guy on one of fpv groups on Facebook who often shows off his new LED sets for his quads saying he likes flying by night over some hills outside of town where he is sometimes spotted and excitedly photographed by ufo aficionados or amateur journalists, who then merrily have those pictures published somewhere as proof of UFO existence. I don’t know how fast your thing was but powerful fpv drones can fly well in excess of 100 mph.

The debunkers never have any “true evidence.” It’s just their opinion and not a fact.

This doesn’t appear to be some plant matter that is floating in the wind.

Cool video op.

The debunkers never have any “true evidence.” It’s just their opinion and not a fact.
... except for understanding physics and applying it to what's put forward.
Did you read myearlier posts on this thread?

... except for understanding physics and applying it to what's put forward.
Did you read myearlier posts on this thread?

Again, thanks for playing the debunking game but it’s just your opinion. Think what you want. If you can sleep soundly at night falsely believing UFOs don’t exist then okay then. ??

Check out the documentary “The Phenomenon,” then come back to this thread.

Reactions: A.O.
The dandelion fluff images in post #25 seem inches away as opposed to 3 to 6 ft they actually were. That seems opposite to objects seeming farther than they really are.

The dandelion fluff images in post #25 seem inches away as opposed to 3 to 6 ft they actually were. That seems opposite to objects seeming farther than they really are.
That's because I shot them from about an inch away with a real camera and macro lens to show detail.
Your drone camera cannot focus that close.
But the first image in post #25 was from a drone.

Dear Forum users and drone enthusiasts,
Last summer of 2019 in France, I had a UFO encounter!... or rather an Unidentified Flying Drone...
I did not realize of the fly by until after I started editing the footage. And even then, I dismissed it as a lucky near miss from a Phantom 4 or similar.

With the lockdown, I decided to come back to the footage and I now turn to the community to help unveil what I missed.
The projection in Google Earth of the flight path and the basic estimates of the distance are probably way off because I would have heard a sonic boom for sure!!...

The flight log is available here:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I estimate the drone as nearest to me when my battery reached 70% at 4:16s into the flight.
And the edited video is here:

Should anyone require the unedited video, if the mystery is worth it, let me know.
Thank you for your assistance, as usual in this forum.

I would be interested in seeing this frame in its original 4K resolution:

1608878592029.png

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne