DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is upgrading to the Mavic 2 worth it

Davo0001

Reactions
Unfortunately my return date for my Mavic Pro Platinum passed me by and now i own it. I had planned on buying the Mavic 2 zoom. I am just a hobbyist but i feel a little sad. I just wonder if anyone has any comments that might make my suffering less? Do I really need the M2zoom?

I'm having loads of fun with my Mavic Pro Platinum, and don't regret the choice I made to buy it rather than a M2Pro ...

Oh man, I just called Walmart and they have extended my return time for another month....so now i do need to find out just what pros and cons are of returning the platinum and getting the mavic 2 zoom???

I was gonna help you out by saying the zoom is really not worth it but...
I don’t have the zoom. I opted for the M2P. as a commercial operator, the quality if the camera is a no brainer. The platform itself is robust, capable, and sweet to fly.

I was gonna help you out by saying the zoom is really not worth it but...
I don’t have the zoom. I opted for the M2P. as a commercial operator, the quality if the camera is a no brainer. The platform itself is robust, capable, and sweet to fly.
I guess since im not a commercial operator and my editing and video skills are not good then the M2pro might actually be over my head? Both i do not believe have had enough time to prove themselves? Any ongoing issues, gimble problems, firmware?

I’ve had zero issues with the zoom
I just ordered one. gonna be delivered on the 17th. I have flown many hours but still dont own a drone actually. I just keep borrowing them from Walmart until i make my decision.. Ive flown the spark, Mavic Air, Mavic platinum, and now to try out the zoom.

I like my Mavic 2 Zoom enough to sell my Mavic Pro complete setup.
The zoom is great and the extra speed and extra sensors you get with the zoom is hard to beat.
I think the Video and pictures it takes in Auto is GREAT for people that do not know much about editing,

Reactions: charliesRig
Unfortunately my return date for my Mavic Pro Platinum passed me by and now i own it. I had planned on buying the Mavic 2 zoom. I am just a hobbyist but i feel a little sad. I just wonder if anyone has any comments that might make my suffering less? Do I really need the M2zoom?

No restrictions on the mp1 or mpp if modded.
Firmware mods through dumbldore or the NLD app...
Camera isnt as good as the mp2 pro or zoom but its still a good one to learn.
Accesoires for the mpp are cheaper now.
Im enjoying my mp1 for the moment and might consider the mp2 around spring or wait till the refresh of the mp2.

Some people have problems with the Mavic 2s gimbals sagging. It’s probably due to underpowered gimbal motors or software related. DJI will probably fix this issue in the near future.

I would personally get the Mavic 2 Pro. It has a better camera but no zoom. I don’t care about zoom so I would get the Pro. It depends on what you want to do with it. The Pro is more for photos and the Zoom is more for videos.

Reactions: JDawg
Some people have problems with the Mavic 2s gimbals sagging. It’s probably due to underpowered gimbal motors or software related. DJI will probably fix this issue in the near future.
Never had a problem of any kind, under all sorts of extreme conditions.

Well the pros are that the zoom has...
a zoom feature.
360 sensors
can fly faster with the sensors on.
intelligent flight modes that are greatly improved from the original Mavic
can be flown with the new smartcontroller
longer flight time.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online