DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ISO performance, and min shutter speed for still photography

RookieDroner

Reactions
Hello all,
I have recently purchased a Mini, and wondered what ISO should I not pass if I want to be able using the outcomes... It is connected to another question: in handheld still camera you often set the shutter speed faster than at least > 1/focal length, in order to avoid blur due to camera shake. what should be the rule of thumb for a drone? (assuming no long exposure effects are desired) Is there any rule?

Hello all,
I have recently purchased a Mini, and wondered what ISO should I not pass if I want to be able using the outcomes... It is connected to another question: in handheld still camera you often set the shutter speed faster than at least > 1/focal length, in order to avoid blur due to camera shake. what should be the rule of thumb for a drone? (assuming no long exposure effects are desired) Is there any rule?
The tiny sensors in most drone cameras don't work as well with increasing ISO values and lose quality fairly quickly .
The best answer for your first question would be to do a little test shooting to see how the Mini's camera performs and what results you are satisfied with.
In daylight photography, you should have enough light most of the time to be able to shoot at ISO 100 without problems.
For your second question, the drone camera isn't handheld.
The gimbal does a better job of stabilising the camera that you can handheld.
Again try some test shooting in low light situations to see how the Mini performs.
Other DJI drones can get very good results at 2 seconds in calm weather.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs