DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue linking Mavic Air RC with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Audigy

Reactions
Hi there, recently purchased the Mavic Air and have not been able to take it for a spin yet because I'm having issues linking the RC with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge).

Once the phone is connected to the RC via the cable, I turn the RC and and turn the unit on. I fire up the 'DJI GO 4' app and this is when the problem happens. It seems like the phone keeps connecting and disconnecting and repeat. The phone signals that the plug is plugged in and then signals that the plug is unplugged then it signals that the plug is plugged in....and repeat. I've tried connecting the RC to the phone using a different cable via the USB connector on the bottom of the RC and same problem. I've even tried it with a 3rd cable and still same problem.

I'm wondering whether anyone has come across this issue before? And if so, how did you resolve it? I'm hoping it's not the port on my phone...

I used S7 edge to fly without any problems last week. Burned all 3 batteries and not a single problem. You might have a bad cable. Try to test it again with different USB cable.

Also, turn things on in this order; controller, Mavic Air and once they have a connection, plug in the phone. If this does not work, try deleting the cache on the Go app, deleting it and reinstalling.

I used S7 edge to fly without any problems last week. Burned all 3 batteries and not a single problem. You might have a bad cable. Try to test it again with different USB cable.

I've tried it out with 3 different cables and also have tried connecting via the USB port on the bottom of the controller. Did not work. Have also tried with 2 other phones. It would not pass the 4th screen on the DJI GO 4 app.

Also, turn things on in this order; controller, Mavic Air and once they have a connection, plug in the phone. If this does not work, try deleting the cache on the Go app, deleting it and reinstalling.

Cool, I'll try that order when I get home.

So after 3 days of troubleshooting and a whole lot of Googling, I've finally resolved my issue. Through my investigations, it would seem that there isn't one solution that will fix the problem for everyone but I will detail what I did (or what I think I've done) that lead me to the problem being resolved.

1. Turn on RC.
2. Plug phone to RC and start the 'DJI Go 4' app.
3. Updated firmware on RC via 'DJI Go 4' app
- Issues starts to happen before first flight -
4. Unplug phone from RC.
5. Turn RC off.
6. Downloaded and installed 'DJI Assistant 2 - version 1.2.2'
7. Updated firmware on AC via 'DJI Assistant 2'
8. Turned on RC. Wait for the red light to stop flashing.
9. Turn on AC.
10. Held the rear button for a few seconds until it started beeping.
11. On the RC, held down 'Flight Pause', 'Function' and 'Customisable Button'.
12. RC will start beeping but eventually it will link with the AC. You will know this is successful when the LED light on the RC is now green rather than red.
13. Plug the phone into the RC.
- You may experience the issue with the phone not linking with the RC. I did. Ignore the problem for now -
14. Restart the phone while it's plugged into the RC.
15. When phone turns on, open the 'DJI Go 4' app.
16. The 'DJI Go 4' app will now link the phone and the RC together and the problem will be fixed.

I was now able to fly the AC with the RC while having the phone and 'DJI Go 4' app working at the same time. In 3 days of troubleshooting, the one thing I tried that seemed to have fixed it was restarting the phone while it was plugged into the RC after the RC was linked to the AC. I then turned everything off and turned everything on again to test that the issue was fixed and it was.....no more problem! Everything linked up seamlessly!

Now I'm hoping very, very much that these steps leads to other people having the same issue resolved.

Hoping this will sort my issues. Only got my Mavic Air today. Haven't even been able to take it outside and try to fly it! When I initially switched it on for the first time it all connected with no input from me. It seemed to do a few f/w updates as far as I could tell, and then seemed fine. I played around with the Simulator using the RC and was getting the hang of it. Late on I decided to have a wee browse through some of the camera settings so switched it all on again and then things went wrong. The RC said it had connected to the AC ok and then an alert appeared saying I needed to do a f/w update to the RC. It took seconds, rebooted and said updated successfully, now the wifi won't connect from the RC to the AC. I can get the phone to connect to the AC over wifi no bother. So been fighting with it and gave this forum a wee browse and came across your post. I won't try the solution stated right now, it's late here and with all the bleeping and warning sounds, I suspect if I was to try again tonight my Mrs ( who is in bed) will come downstairs and murder me! Will try this in the morning and fingers crossed it gets it working. Thanks for posting, it is something at least for me to try.

The issue you're having is slightly different to mine but all I can suggest is to make sure all the firmwares are updated on all devices and reboot them when you can.

Download 'DJI Assistant 2' as well to assist with updating firmware on your devices through a wired connection. Though....that application in itself comes with it's own problems too it would seem.

Good luck! Hope you get everything up and running soon - it was frustrating for me too at the start but it's all worth it once everything works! Let me know how you go.

Hasn't worked, unfortunately. I plugged the AC into the DJI-A2 and it said there was an f/w update due. So went through doing this, I was hopeful this might be the root of the issue, but after rebooting and going through the various steps you mention I am still stuck with a RC that does not seem to want to pair with the AC. The Phone works OK directly with he AC so I know the AC is OK ( I don't want my first flight with the drone to be on the handset- its all new enough without introducing that level of potential crash factor to the equation. Is the DJI-A2 supposed to be able to connect to the RC? I don't seem to be able to do that.

Go to settings in phone....about phone.....tap build number 7 times..... you have just enable developer options go back one time go into developer options and check on "usb debugging" on. Now turn the remote on, plug in phone....now turn on mavic air ;)

Hasn't worked, unfortunately. I plugged the AC into the DJI-A2 and it said there was an f/w update due. So went through doing this, I was hopeful this might be the root of the issue, but after rebooting and going through the various steps you mention I am still stuck with a RC that does not seem to want to pair with the AC. The Phone works OK directly with he AC so I know the AC is OK ( I don't want my first flight with the drone to be on the handset- its all new enough without introducing that level of potential crash factor to the equation. Is the DJI-A2 supposed to be able to connect to the RC? I don't seem to be able to do that.

How did you go? Have you been able to fix the problem?

No, people have had issues connecting the RC with DJI-A2. Driver issues. :(

How did you go? Have you been able to fix the problem?

No, people have had issues connecting the RC with DJI-A2. Driver issues. :(
Yeah all sorted. Partial user error I have to say really. I was trying to pair the AC after holding the button ont he AC for two beeps not one. The Two beeps works for the phone pairing but you only want a single beep for the RC pairing.
Doh!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom