DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

issue with orientation icon on mavic mini

MavicMiniMiguel

Reactions
I’m using a samsung s10+ to fly my Mavic Mini. The orientation icon stop working and drop to the bottom of the circle on dji fly app, pointing at 6:00. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

I’m using a samsung s10+ to fly my Mavic Mini. The orientation icon stop working and drop to the bottom of the circle on dji fly app, pointing at 6:00. Has anyone experienced the same issue?
Never used a MM. My Mavic 2 Pro has an orientation problem as well. Although I use a Smart Controller (SC), it is worth trying the fix that works every time. First start controller. Start the aircraft. Start DJI GO. When connected, go into controller Settings in your case the S10. Find and run Compass Calibration. On the SC the whole process takes about 30 seconds. Good luck and post your results here.

Compass calibration first. With NO interference. No metals nearby (even in concrete). Needle should now point correctly. If not, calibrate IMU.
Surprised they asked you to try another device first before trying these common solutions. Good luck

Hi,
I had this answer from dji:

"Thank you for Contacting DJI Technical Support

Good Day! Hope that everything is going very well with you. We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product.

It seems that you have issue with orientation with your unit.

This is regarding to your Mavic Mini concern "phone/RC is pointing the wrong direction on the app" . Due to the GPS accuracy limit, when the aircraft and mobile devices are close, the navigator may be not accurate. Please try to fly the aircraft to 20 meters away then have a try

Thank you for Choosing DJI Technical Support
Best Regards
Kenneth O.
DJI Customer Support"

Remember that you need to not just pick up your drone and rotate it, but then also flip it end over end with your hands, before putting it back down. I think that some people only rotate it in the one axis.

Reactions: MavicMiniMiguel

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153