DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

issue with uploading pictures and videos

rsummers87

Reactions
im having issues uploading or even watching video files with my sd card plugged into the computer. the message im getting is " Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file"

ive changed my settings for windows while formatting the drone. any help or ideas please...

also, what is the suggested distance and height for the drone.

im a newb at this stuff. thanks

It's possible you need codec update, but the Mavic video files are not unusual except 4K will make older computers struggle.
You might download an alternative player such as VLC.
Make sure you stop the recording a minute or so before turning the Mavic off as it has to clear some buffer and close the file (or it won't play)

Also it's quite important to actually download onto the PC because the file generally won't transfer fast enough to play direct from the SD card.

I use the free "media player classic." For all media.

Get it. No technical know how needed.
Set your computer to use it as default and never have a problem again.

is the dji assistant something i need or no?

i downloaded that MPC but still wont play the file. not sure what the hell is going on. this shouldnt be that difficult

Are you shooting in 4K . My older PC won't play them .

Yes I am shooting 4K . So in order to shoot 4K I need a newer system?

Possibly, but you'd have to quote the specs of your current one if you want decent advice.

I dropped down to 2.7 and was still a little jumpy but when I process it for vimeo it's fine . 1080 no issues . I need to upgrade bad .
Just send donations for a new 4k IMac to me :)

I dropped down to 2.7 and was still a little jumpy but when I process it for vimeo it's fine . 1080 no issues . I need to upgrade bad .

So you think a newer computer system would def solve those issues?

So you think a newer computer system would def solve those issues?
I really can't say for you but me yes . Like I said 1080 goes through mine fine and 2.7 will but it struggles but for what I use my footage for it's fine . A newer PC can't hurt nothing especially if your wanting to shoot 4K . I'm not really computer savvy as most here and you show them what you got and sure they can tell you what you need .
I did look at that 36' 4k IMac and fell in love with it but then I looked at the price :(

I really can't say for you but me yes . Like I said 1080 goes through mine fine and 2.7 will but it struggles but for what I use my footage for it's fine . A newer PC can't hurt nothing especially if your wanting to shoot 4K . I'm not really computer savvy as most here and you show them what you got and sure they can tell you what you need .
I did look at that 36' 4k IMac and fell in love with it but then I looked at the price :(

im going try that other video system and changing my settings to 1080 and see if that does anything. yea i wish i could afford all that but i just dropped big money on this drone haha

Reactions: dirkclod

4K iMac is a bit old school now, I have the latest 5k :)

Dang it .
IMG_8265.GIF

Reactions: JBrand
another quesiton. my ios phone works perfect but when i use my android tablet the screen gets glitchy in some spots. has that happened to any of you?

update, earlier today before i left for work i was able to upload my drone footage to youtube. but nothing as far as opening to view on the desktop for editing purposes.

figured it out. i changed my video settings to 720p :( and then video format to MP4. took a short clip inside the house. plugged into the drone directly to the computer using the USB. and it worked perfect!!!!!
Same happaning here. I cant play my 4k videos on my computer. I have the impression i will have to get a new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag