DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with USB

Jirinov

Reactions
Hello, we are facing strange issue by using USB-C cable between mobile phone with Android system (8 and 9) and DJI controller (for DJI Mavic mini). I and my colleagues have the issue, that after connecting the mobile phone to the controller, the controller starts to charge battery and it´s not possible to activate the flight mode. It happens only with our mobile phone. If we try to do it with another one (iPhone, another mobile phone with Android), then there is no issue. We tried to modify the USB setting, restarts, re-installing - but there was no success. Do you have some idiea or experience, what we can do in this case to fix the issue?

Hello, unfortunately, because we have only one cable (UBS-C with OTG) per one combo version and we are in different part of our country. But we used the same cable with different mobile phones and it runs correctly. From this test we assume, that the issue is inside the mobile phone, but it´s strange, that the issue comes out of nowhere (there was no software update nor any other change prior this issue appeared).

If I connect my tablet to the controller, it also starts loading. I then go into the USB-Settings and tell my tablet, not to load from USB. It is a good tablet, well behaving, it stops immediatly doing so. I have not set this in default, since I wold have to change it then every time I need to load it.

Try to connect your phone and see if it brings you the message "loading now" or something like that, tip on it and check if you then can change the setting.

If I connect my tablet to the controller, it also starts loading. I then go into the USB-Settings and tell my tablet, not to load from USB. It is a good tablet, well behaving, it stops immediatly doing so. I have not set this in default, since I wold have to change it then every time I need to load it.

Try to connect your phone and see if it brings you the message "loading now" or something like that, tip on it and check if you then can change the setting.
Helllo, thank you, yes it would be perfect, but I´m not sure, where and what needs to be set inside the mobile phone. The charging of mobile phone battery is ok, but the charging mode on the controller is real problem, because we need to use this device especially for the flight mode and without switch/button we can´t select what exactly should the controller do.

I tried to check the setting on my mobile phone with Android (ver.9) and luckily the issue after couple of different setting and restarts disappeared (see the attached picture). But noone knows, that the issue was exactly with the wrong setting and it will appear tomorrow again.

But by my colleague with Android 8 the issue insists and we can´t find exact setting of DJI fly / USB inside this phone. I asked him to activate the USB debugg but no other idea, what could be checked more, because Android 8 has already different setting and this friendly table by And.9 is not available there. :)

Attachments

• navod.jpg
    navod.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000