DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue

TheSnowyPilot

Reactions
So, I want to buy an Air 2S. I have the money to do it, but my Dad keeps questioning what more I get out of it that my Mini is unable to offer.

I want to go into commercial use and the Air 2S would let me do that, but too scared to tell him that. Constantly getting questioned over it is making me doubt myself and I see no point trying to argue anymore. I can afford it, I want it. Is it even worth considering anymore?

• Sad
Reactions: tlswift58
@TheSnowyPilot ,there's a Mavic 3 reportedly being released in a few weeks time ,i can afford it as well ,but like you i live in the UK ,and unless the new Mavic 3,has the new C rating which will allow me to fly it in the A2 open category after the end of 2022 then i would not be even contemplating purchasing one ,because of the restrictions it would have in 2023
if you are really interested in commercial drone flying, do some studying, and get your GVC certificate ,which will allow you to understand all the ins and outs of the requirements for flying commercially at the very least take the A2 C of C ,which will be a requirement if you want to fly a drone in the A2 open category after the end of 2022
any drone such as the Air2s will be classed as a legacy drone after the end of next year so you would not have very long to enjoy the benefits of owning it for commercial work

The Air2 series is a nice drone to do possibly what you want. Only you know that for sure.

The Mini series is a cool small drone that can fly under most country rules due to size / weight = but is that a NEED on your list.

Can a 17 yr old fly a drone in UK as commercial or without parent? Only ask as some countries do have age restrictions for flying solo and most seem to be 18. Check that part out or maybe someone for the UK here can tell you that.

You may want to wait for the "3," but it may not be in your budget. We don't know at this point; but would give a WAG of about $1,500 US. Is that within your budget? If not, go for the Air2, whether 2 or 2S.

Have fun flying and the SKIES THE LIMIT!

The Air2 series is a nice drone to do possibly what you want. Only you know that for sure.

The Mini series is a cool small drone that can fly under most country rules due to size / weight = but is that a NEED on your list.

Can a 17 yr old fly a drone in UK as commercial or without parent? Only ask as some countries do have age restrictions for flying solo and most seem to be 18. Check that part out or maybe someone for the UK here can tell you that.

You may want to wait for the "3," but it may not be in your budget. We don't know at this point; but would give a WAG of about $1,500 US. Is that within your budget? If not, go for the Air2, whether 2 or 2S.

Have fun flying and the SKIES THE LIMIT!
I considered waiting but it was on sale yesterday… Low and behold I have three new batteries and a remote charging in front of me.

I have asked, and I believe I have to be eighteen to be insured, so I have to be eighteen to fly commercially. Other than that I fly alone, my drone is registered and legal and I have my flyer ID. As far as I know me flying alone is fine, my parents know and are fine with it.

As for the Mini, I might be selling my HS165 since the last time I used it was last year, but the Mini is staying right here, it’s future is sure with me for now.

Reactions: tlswift58
I considered waiting but it was on sale yesterday… Low and behold I have three new batteries and a remote charging in front of me.

I have asked, and I believe I have to be eighteen to be insured, so I have to be eighteen to fly commercially. Other than that I fly alone, my drone is registered and legal and I have my flyer ID. As far as I know me flying alone is fine, my parents know and are fine with it.

As for the Mini, I might be selling my HS165 since the last time I used it was last year, but the Mini is staying right here, it’s future is sure with me for now.
Cool. Glad it worked out. Start studying for your license and be ready once you turn 18.

Now, go fly and post some cool pics and vids.

The only benefit may be that you could fly the Air2s in stronger wind conditions and it might be a little more stable in such a situation. Or be able to penetrate better when flying into the wind.

The only benefit may be that you could fly the Air2s in stronger wind conditions and it might be a little more stable in such a situation. Or be able to penetrate better when flying into the wind.

The camera is better than the Mini’s, noticeably so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803