DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with 48mp Photo Mode

1TenaciousG

Reactions
I, recently, purchased the DJI Mini 3, and, I love this little guy, except for one issue.
After the recent Firmware Update, we were given 48mp Photo Mode (which I'm very happy about) but, mine seems to be malfunctioning.
There's a heavy black shadow line in almost every 48mp photo.
I'd say 3 out of 5 pics, or more, are that way.
(I'll post a pic, for reference) This only happens in 48mp Mode. No other Modes seem to be effected.
Yes, I've changed camera settings, the SD Card, checked the Sensor for debris/damage, etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, as well.
P.S.
Unless there's some simple fix that I've overlooked, I'll be returning it to DJI for replacement.
P.S.
NEVERMIND! Apparently, one 48mp photo is too large for this Forum to handle. Lol. SMH
I was GOING TO upload a pic of my problem, but, it's "too large".
I'll seek help elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S.
NEVERMIND! Apparently, one 48mp photo is too large for this Forum to handle. Lol. Smh
You can upload it to a site like Google Drive, Instagram, YouTube, or Vimeo and share the link here. You could always convert to a smaller size jpeg and upload that here unless the issue disappears by doing so.

BTW, we are not a media storage site and you are free to seek help wherever you wish.

you might consider a Screen Shot , and Post it for Reference .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water , and Happy Easter
Good idea. I should have thought about that.
Thank you.
In any case, I decided to just file a Warranty Replacement Case, instead.
I took a series of 5 photos, without changing settings, heading, etc, and, 3 of those images had the shadow line. The other 2 were perfect.
I uploaded all 5 to DJI and, they agreed, there's an issue with the Drone's sensor.
I'm sending it in today.
Honestly, I'm a bit angry with DJI, because I waited to apply my Custom FAA Registration Decals, and, a Wrapgrade Accent Vinyl Kit, after I had thoroughly tested this Drone.
The Firmware Update, that added 48mp Photos, arrived after I had applied them.
I informed DJI that I expect to be compensated for the monetary loss, that their defective Product, has cost Me, and, they said that they would see what they could do. I'll keep you posted, Brother!

They do have these Coupons , but after they come back and tell you the bad news , ask them for a Coupon off another Drone as you want to purchase 2 of them, You might get better discount that the 15% they offer , and keep in mind that DJI moves slowly so your in for quite a few days of emails going back and fourth, im thinking 23 days . lolllll

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

• Haha
Reactions: 1TenaciousG
They do have these Coupons , but after they come back and tell you the bad news , ask them for a Coupon off another Drone as you want to purchase 2 of them, You might get better discount that the 15% they offer , and keep in mind that DJI moves slowly so your in for quite a few days of emails going back and fourth, im thinking 23 days . lolllll

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
I've braced myself for the wait! Lol
Thankfully, I bought the Mavic 3 Classic, about a week before I picked up this Mini 3, so, I'll have something to keep me occupied, until it returns. (Not to mention 5 other DJI Drones, and a Fleet of Lesser Brands, as well. I have a Drone Addiction problem, apparently. Lol)

• Wow
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Nice I also have the Mavic 3 Classic, and I am working on the Rescue Jacket to mount the Go Pro for Under water Excavation for all the Phantom drones I have lost over the years in the Lake erie , lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water and spy for lost drones.

• Wow
Nice I also have the Mavic 3 Classic, and I am working on the Rescue Jacket to mount the Go Pro for Under water Excavation for all the Phantom drones I have lost over the years in the Lake erie , lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water and spy for lost drones.
NICE!!
I'll DEFINITELY have to get in on those!
Great idea! 💯

I, recently, purchased the DJI Mini 3, and, I love this little guy, except for one issue.
After the recent Firmware Update, we were given 48mp Photo Mode (which I'm very happy about) but, mine seems to be malfunctioning.
There's a heavy black shadow line in almost every 48mp photo.
I'd say 3 out of 5 pics, or more, are that way.
(I'll post a pic, for reference) This only happens in 48mp Mode. No other Modes seem to be effected.
Yes, I've changed camera settings, the SD Card, checked the Sensor for debris/damage, etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, as well.
P.S.
Unless there's some simple fix that I've overlooked, I'll be returning it to DJI for replacement.
P.S.
NEVERMIND! Apparently, one 48mp photo is too large for this Forum to handle. Lol. SMH
Just out of curiosity... are you using an android device with the latest FLY app and firmware? or is the screen device IOS? I mainly use a 10.5" android tablet with the latest FLY app, but I also have a backup device (i-phone 10) just in case anything goes kaput with my tablet. Not tried the IOS screen myself - but there are reports of some really funky visual aberrations with DNG files since the latest software update.

Just out of curiosity... are you using an android device with the latest FLY app and firmware? or is the screen device IOS? I mainly use a 10.5" android tablet with the latest FLY app, but I also have a backup device (i-phone 10) just in case anything goes kaput with my tablet. Not tried the IOS screen myself - but there are reports of some really funky visual aberrations with DNG files since the latest software update.
I, mainly, use either a 6th Generation iPad, or a Tripltek Pro, whenever I fly My Mini 3, and the DJI Fly app is on the current version. I'm only seeing this "Shadow Line" in the vertical, 48mp JPG Files. They don't seem to be occurring in the RAW files, at all (at least, so far).
Also, I've noticed that the "line" is located right where the image would normally be cropped in the normal, vertical, Camera mode.
I've contacted DJI, and started a Warranty Replacement Case. I'm mailing it out, today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147