DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with Customs and the AIR 3 S

I'm not sure there really is a widespread issue. According to what members are saying here, most orders are being delivered with no trouble.

As long as Amazon and Best Buy are not yet selling the Air 3S, the issues cannot be widespread since they sell alot of drones. However, if the Air 3S was advertised on Amazon on day one because Amazon expected to start selling on the first day but this same thing started happening to Amazon shipments (I realize the drone is ship/sold by Amazon), this would have been an unmitigated disaster. Since Amazon is not yet selling the drone in teh US (we don't know for sure why not) then it could be fair to assume all Amazon drones are being held by customs.

The Air 3S is probably the best DJI drone sold in the last few years and yet again, the launch is far from ideal. If I'm the DJI Air 3S pm, I'm pulling out my hair because yet again, hopes for a successful worldwide launch are ruined. For many, the buying experience is part of the deal. DJI cannot be happy with this outcome and they need to figure this out for the Mavic 4 Pro because no one is going to bend over for this after paying $4K for a flagship drone; DJI do better.

I am looking to buy, but have heard some nightmares with Customs!
Just curious?
I wouldn’t call it a nightmare, but it certainly has been frustrating. I just received, after 4 days of hassling DHL daily (they’ve been helping) and finally provided CBP with acceptable proof of my identity, address, SS#:

“Notification for shipment event group "Customs clearance" for 24 Oct 24.”
👍🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻

Would US Customs sieze your Air3S if you traveled outside the US with it and then on return to US Customs confiscate the drone?

Would US Customs sieze your Air3S if you traveled outside the US with it and then on return to US Customs confiscate the drone?
They will not. Unless there is an order to seize specific goods, they will not and as far as we all know, none of us have seen such an order. Because yeah, they seize contraband at the border all the time especially upon re-entry. However, we don't know exactly what's going on so you never know what you might run into and who you might run into so be prepared like having your receipts and good for personal use, etc. Sometimes the government acts on rumors and if an agent *thinks* there is a ban or isn't quite sure, you might get treated that way (not get the benefit of the doubt) and have to jump thru extra hoops. Honestly, I would say if you are coming from Canada into the US, no worries. But don't try it the other way around, Canada has little patience these days for free Americans thinking they can import their freedoms.

OMG… let there be light — still no delivery date, but it’s only an 8 hr drive to my house, 😂

Thursday, October 24, 2024

24Shipment has departed from a DHL facility LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USALOS ANGELES GATEWAY - California - USA5:43 PM1 Pieces

For what it's worth, my 3S got hung up in customs in Cincinnati. I received the "request for more info" email on Sunday AM and uploaded the required info. Nothing happened. On Wednesday, I tried the email help system. Pretty useless - just that it was still in customs and would be updated when released (followed by a marketing pitch to get me to sign up for a DHL account).

What seemed to work for me was the chat system on the DHL Express site (MyDHL+ | International Shipping and Courier Delivery). The DHL reps had access to more info. Today, they escalated it and said I would get a call within 2 hours. During that period, my package cleared customs. So by the time the rep called, the answer was "it's on the way". And the online tracking confirms that it's finally moving.

It may be a coincidence that the only chat which triggered the escalation at DHL just happened to coincide with US Customs releasing it?... but I kind of think it was the thing that finally got it moving.

Hope this helps others!

For what it's worth, my 3S got hung up in customs in Cincinnati. I received the "request for more info" email on Sunday AM and uploaded the required info. Nothing happened. On Wednesday, I tried the email help system. Pretty useless - just that it was still in customs and would be updated when released (followed by a marketing pitch to get me to sign up for a DHL account).

What seemed to work for me was the chat system on the DHL Express site (MyDHL+ | International Shipping and Courier Delivery). The DHL reps had access to more info. Today, they escalated it and said I would get a call within 2 hours. During that period, my package cleared customs. So by the time the rep called, the answer was "it's on the way". And the online tracking confirms that it's finally moving.

It may be a coincidence that the only chat which triggered the escalation at DHL just happened to coincide with US Customs releasing it?... but I kind of think it was the thing that finally got it moving.

Hope this helps others!
Exactly right. That’s what helped me the most. After a 4 day delay, DHL says I’ll have by the end of today.

Reactions: edmartin123

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wforakerjr