DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with focus

Arnold

Reactions
I have had this problem twice now. At some point during the flight my picture will go entirely out of focus and tapping to focus doesn't do anything. Once I restart my bird, the problem goes away. I will try to do some research the next time it happens. Has anyone had this issue or know about it?

Reactions: imnotreallyscott
It may seem irrelevant but try to format your sd card.

been there, done that, more than once. I just end up shooting more than I normally would and take what i can get from it

Yep it happened to me once. I also restarted the bird and issue solved.
I would like to know the reason why this happens and if there is a solution to solve this during flight.
In my case i was flying at sunset and tilted gimble 30 degrees up towards the clouds which resulted in a overexposed image. Upon exposition correction and screen tapping i wasnt able to autofocus.

Reactions: imnotreallyscott
Forgot to mention that the SD has just been formatted. I don't see a relation between SD card and autofocus issues.

Try switching to manual focus and scroll through focus points. My last bird had an issue with a stuck focus point that would free up if I flicked the camera.

I had this same issue and I called DJI support, they had me re-calibrate the IMU (not sure why this would help our focus issue) and re-calibrate the camera. This seems to have helped so far but I don't have much flight time since then...I also read that others were having this issue and some had to send in their mavic's and get a replacement unit.

I'll update after this weekend

Mine had a focus problem when only the center 1/3 of the video and photo was in focus. The entire top and bottom were blurry. Calibrated everything and somehow it's gone...

Reactions: cycle_North_Crew
Yep it happened to me once. I also restarted the bird and issue solved.
I would like to know the reason why this happens and if there is a solution to solve this during flight.
In my case i was flying at sunset and tilted gimble 30 degrees up towards the clouds which resulted in a overexposed image. Upon exposition correction and screen tapping i wasnt able to autofocus.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. It never recovered. I brought it back home and called it a night. Everything was fine the next day.

A lot of the videos I see posted are out of focus for the first 10 seconds or so.
A tip is to set the C1 button to focus (can be done in the DJI app).
When I take off and while the drone is storing its way point, I just press the C1 button and focus is all good on take off.
Saves going deep into the app for each and every flight.
Can also be used at regular times during the flight to ensure focus is set.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329