DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s dead, Jim.

The Raven

Reactions
well, my shiny new three month old Mavic Pro hit a tree branch going up and crashed into my concrete driveway from about 70’ altitude. The gimbal lens is smashed and the entire gimbal assembly is hanging free, the belly has huge dents, all props broke off. ****.

Let us know how DJI repair goes.
I just sent it off. Unfortunately I didn’t have the insurance and didn’t read this post with thunderdrones’ info or I might have skipped DJI and just sent it to him. ******.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you can cancel it, but DO IT if you can. You could buy seperate parts and repair the aircraft yourself, or simply send it to approved vendors on here.

DJI will charge you 550 USD+ for this.

I don't know if you can cancel it, but DO IT if you can. You could buy seperate parts and repair the aircraft yourself, or simply send it to approved vendors on here.

DJI will charge you 550 USD+ for this.

It’s already on the way. I’m not paying 550 to fix it. 250 is my limit.

When it get there they do a damage assessment and give you a detailed quote before the repairs and you have choice if you want it sent back

Search for repair costs st dji in general forum and you will find a thread I started and guy had the same parts replaced

I don't want this to come across as twat'ish but in the heat of the moment people sometimes forget - did you sign up for the DJI Refresh insurance? If so, replacing your bird will only cost $79.

I don't want this to come across as twat'ish but in the heat of the moment people sometimes forget - did you sign up for the DJI Refresh insurance? If so, replacing your bird will only cost $79.

Nope, I didn’t. And that was stupid.

When it get there they do a damage assessment and give you a detailed quote before the repairs and you have choice if you want it sent back

Got the quote today, and was pleased to see it was only $347. I decided since I can’t buy a refurb unit for that, I’m having it fixed. And when it comes back, I’m buying the Refresh plan before I even take off

Post the break down on the DJI repair costs thread
Will do.

Amazingly I got an e-mail yesterday saying it’s been tested and is shipping back to me in two days.

Sounds like they might have their feces coagulated now. Or the backlog of crashed Christmas gifts is cleared.

Or the fact that I skipped the data analysis step and admitted operator error, which allowed immediate repair probably helped too.

Reactions: tictag
Postscript- the invoice showed all the parts they replaced, but they actually sent me a new Mavic. Different SN, all that. So I’m not mad about paying $347 for a new bird.

Reactions: robertkay
Postscript- the invoice showed all the parts they replaced, but they actually sent me a new Mavic. Different SN, all that. So I’m not mad about paying $347 for a new bird.
Can't beat that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky