DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It arrived

Oakman

Reactions
So this is the bundle the wife ordered off Amazon for my birthday. Looks great and comes with everything except the extra battery as promised by Dronemanhub.com which is where it actually came from.

Goggles are set to arrive Friday

I've never used the filters or range extenders that came with the bundle. I'm assuming sunny days here in Phoenix will benefit from the filters?

Attachments

• 20190424_133132.jpg
    20190424_133132.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
Yea for you!

Your picture was too dark for details on your filters, but they are normally only needed for video to slow down the shutter speed. Without them your video may appear "jittery", especially when moving fast or panning. The exceptions for photos are to slow the shutter to intentionally introduce motion blur (water, car lights, etc) or for polarizing filters to cut reflections and increase contrast (difficult to set correctly). General rule for the MP is: Sunrise/set - ND4, cloudy - ND8, sunny - ND16, bright sun on sand or snow - ND32 or 64. This may be different for the M2Z but is probably a good starting point.

Now go watch a bunch of crash videos so you don't do what they did, read the manual (especially the RTH section), find a nice wide-open area and fly! Keep it close in beginner mode until you get the hang of it.

I should have added to forget about the goggles for a while. You need to watch your M2Z and see the area you are flying in, which you cannot do while wearing the goggles. You could let your wife wear them while you fly to reward her for your present.

Reactions: mereflyer
I have flown several drones and last owned a phantom 4 and I have flown my brothers mavic pro (original) on numerous occasions as well. I'm not a rookie...but not a pro lol

The filters are:

16 and ND 32 for sunny days, CPL for snow days or water

Reactions: mereflyer
Sounds like you are good to go. Welcome to the Club!

I'm here in Scottsdale, AZ. You have to take some road trips to get some of the beautiful mountain footage. And it's worth getting out there at sunrise and seeing those beautiful, red tones. The zoom is great-enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada