Should I offer cash for help man
I need to fly

I can’t get any help or replies to my problem
Not sure why
I see everyone get instant help but not me

HELP!

Should I offer cash for help man
I need to fly

You say 1 is in Shop and 1 hit a pole pretty bad. Sounds like it needs to be sent in.
I will attempt my fix and hope nothing is wrong somewhere else. I’m also contacting Dronenerds herebin Florida. I hear they are good, quick and reasonably priced.

You might want to start a thread of your own regarding your questions or concerns!

I am so mad that I flew into a giant tree right in front of me.
At least it’s raining right now.

Good luck!
Mike

in the future get a gimble cover thats made to stay on,they come in clear and shaded,it may prevent gimble damage
theres 2 ribbon cables on the gimble,see if their messed up.

Can the Mavic be flown with the gimbal locked without damaging it further?

You can’t use stock cover due to glare and no ventilation. All the aftermarket ones appear in frame at high speeds and turns.
Is there any options to protect camera but still be 100% functional?

I have both and flew with the full bubble cover for the first few weeks as I learned to fly... I was not doing anything cinematic so I did not worry about the glare. As far as over heating... I never had an issue. I have seen guys that would make a hole at low spot on the cover for air to get in... but again I had 15+ flights with no issue.
I fly alot with the sunshade and do see it from time to time on my screen... but that is mostly in sport mode or when I am making sudden or fast moves... all of which you dont want to do when filming. So in my opinion... buy the sunshade.

This chick does awesome fix vids.
Replacing that bracket that’s snapped off isn’t hard mate, take the top of the Mavic off and there are two screws holding it there. Undo them and screw in new one that you buy prior to repairs.
You’ll be ok!

Just as the title states. Was flying out with my daughter trying some tracking etc...
Then had to show off and see how fast and what not. Came in really quick and too low, should of went up and over but thought the the brakes would work. Lol
Not so much as I went right into the canopy of a tree and then about a 15’ drop strsight down.
I am livid with myself right now. I know better.
Anyways, bird seems fine, not even a scratch but the camera doesn’t move and message of gimbal overload and it gets hot. I’m not sure how it’s suppose to move normally. I tried an auto gimbal calibrate but says only 5% complete. Do not move aircraft but then just stays like that.
Any possible tests to try before I have to send in.
Any help would be appreciated!
Daaaaaaammmmnnnnnnnn

Thanks
Mike
Nope

I went out of town for the week so decided to drop off at Dronenerds while I’m away.
Wasn’t worried about swapping out part ( actually like that stuff) more worried about any underlining issues.
From what I hear, it’s been rainy ad windy the last few days so didn’t miss much.
They said it would take around 5-7 days.
Hopefully all is well and a lesson learned.

Picked up today. $420.00 later.
They had to replace entire gimbal and camera. So they say!
Here’s my gripe: Everything was fine besides the vibration board that was broken. Ordered the piece and watched many tutorials and as all of you said, “pretty easy”
I decided to take in and gave Dronenerds donit so they could could check everything. Just piece of mind for me. When I took in I gave them the piece and told them the issues that it wouldn’t calibrate, obviously due to broken board. Please install and check out. No prob they said.
They call me and say it will not calibrate and camera/gimbal needed to be replaced for $400.00 Fine-
I arrive to pick up and notice the piece I bough and gave them was still in package. I asked, if you didn’t install piecebthen how could it calibrate etc... they said you can’t replace just that board and then that they don’t only replace that board. I said, I wish you would have told me that when I first came in. I had to ask for my old camera back and then he says it’s good and could sell it. So I should have listened to you all and donit myself. I’m calling the owner tomorrow.
I don’t expect anything but don’t think that was good business.

Sounds like some drone repair shops have employees that used to work for automotive dealerships. I will avoid Dronenerds.

Mark

Sounds like some drone repair shops have employees that used to work for automotive dealerships. I will avoid Dronenerds.

Mark

I so wanted to like them so I would have a local shop if needed.
Oh well. Should have done myself.
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121