DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It happened! Crashed

Hayabusa

Reactions
Just as the title states. Was flying out with my daughter trying some tracking etc...
Then had to show off and see how fast and what not. Came in really quick and too low, should of went up and over but thought the the brakes would work. Lol
Not so much as I went right into the canopy of a tree and then about a 15’ drop strsight down.
I am livid with myself right now. I know better.
Anyways, bird seems fine, not even a scratch but the camera doesn’t move and message of gimbal overload and it gets hot. I’m not sure how it’s suppose to move normally. I tried an auto gimbal calibrate but says only 5% complete. Do not move aircraft but then just stays like that.
Any possible tests to try before I have to send in.
Any help would be appreciated!
Daaaaaaammmmnnnnnnnn

Thanks
Mike

Just as the title states. Was flying out with my daughter trying some tracking etc...
Then had to show off and see how fast and what not. Came in really quick and too low, should of went up and over but thought the the brakes would work. Lol
Not so much as I went right into the canopy of a tree and then about a 15’ drop strsight down.
I am livid with myself right now. I know better.
Anyways, bird seems fine, not even a scratch but the camera doesn’t move and message of gimbal overload and it gets hot. I’m not sure how it’s suppose to move normally. I tried an auto gimbal calibrate but says only 5% complete. Do not move aircraft but then just stays like that.
Any possible tests to try before I have to send in.
Any help would be appreciated!
Daaaaaaammmmnnnnnnnn

Thanks
Mike
in the future get a gimble cover thats made to stay on,they come in clear and shaded,it may prevent gimble damage
theres 2 ribbon cables on the gimble,see if their messed up.

If you don’t have refresh (hell even if you do) reach out to #thunderdrones.
He’s patched up my Mavic twice
Both times were gimbal related.
Regardless of what you do... it’s totally fixable.

Reactions: Gray_seagull
If I would have had the cover on it would be fine. Another reason I’m pissed.
It seems to want to go through its motions but when it goes up, it gets stuck. Is it supposed to be totally free moving when off? What’s the range?
Here’s s pic.?thrres a little tan inback of mount. Can’t tell if something’s broken off or is normal.

Attachments

• 0B75B3F6-BDDB-48DC-8CDB-B59B4D006BDE.jpeg
    0B75B3F6-BDDB-48DC-8CDB-B59B4D006BDE.jpeg
    652.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 2498889D-1723-4787-8997-1D5315C77B04.jpeg
    2498889D-1723-4787-8997-1D5315C77B04.jpeg
    857.5 KB · Views: 382
If I would have had the cover on it would be fine. Another reason I’m pissed.
It seems to want to go through its motions but when it goes up, it gets stuck. Is it supposed to be totally free moving when off? What’s the range?
Here’s s pic.?thrres a little tan inback of mount. Can’t tell if something’s broken off or is normal.
Thats the clip that stops the little tray the gimbal is mounted to coming out. It should have a 90° bend on it. Thats a bit of a pain that mate.

So it’s broken?
Now the up/downnon camera started working and it started to calebrste but then failed. So further than it did before
It would say gimbal overload again so cooling down and will try again.
If that clip is broken, would that be an issue with how gimbal performs?
Obviously took a good hit to camera or front to break that off.
Mike

So it’s broken?
Now the up/downnon camera started working and it started to calebrste but then failed. So further than it did before
It would say gimbal overload again so cooling down and will try again.
If that clip is broken, would that be an issue with how gimbal performs?
Obviously took a good hit to camera or front to break that off.
Mike
The bracket is most defiantly broken, its there to keep the gimbal arm level. It shouldn't stop the Mavic from flying but it could cause a number of different issues. Basically DJI wouldn't have put it there for nothing. Looking at the position of it on my Mavic, yours must of hit the tree pretty hard causing the gimbal to push back and in turn snap that part. Sorry dude.

The bracket is most defiantly broken, its there to keep the gimbal arm level. It shouldn't stop the Mavic from flying but it could cause a number of different issues. Basically DJI wouldn't have put it there for nothing. Looking at the position of it on my Mavic, yours must of hit the tree pretty hard causing the gimbal to push back and in turn snap that part. Sorry dude.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. So without that piece, the gimbal can’t stay level causing it to jam possibly.

I guess what I’m afraid to ask is, I guess I need to send in?

I’ve always heard nightmare stories of how long it takes etc....

I’m going to go beat myself up a bit more now! Lol

Thanks
Mike

Reactions: BobAld
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. So without that piece, the gimbal can’t stay level causing it to jam possibly.

I guess what I’m afraid to ask is, I guess I need to send in?

I’ve always heard nightmare stories of how long it takes etc....

I’m going to go beat myself up a bit more now! Lol

Thanks
Mike
theres a member here that does these repairs

I see the part on amazon for $23.00
I wonder how hard to replace that entire gimbal vibration board?
Everything works. Definetly not level image and up and down is a bit jumpy.
Haven’t flown it to see how it records.
I will speak with Thunderdrones 1st and see.
Thanks
Mike

Well
Don’t feel bad my brother
I had a new Mavic
3 weeks in I landed in a tree
Broke the same part
But
It also broke the little door that goes on bottom of gimbal where wires and ribbon go into arm
Held in by 2 screws
I need that piece also
Can’t find it or a schematic for Mavic
I would like to send it in also
After the PE landing I still wanted(needed) to fly

So I bought another Mavic while I search for parts

So today

I crashed the second one
Pls pls
I no I no

I’ll take my lashes

So
AC comes on but won’t connect to RC

I get a fast flashing yellow rear taillight

I’m embarrassed but more waning to get it fixed

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Shoemaker

Oh
More info
I crashed into a light pole in Spirt mode

I stupidly forgot radar doesn’t work in mode

K it hit pole at about 30 ft high Hard
Battery ejected ( but was still on when I retrieved it)
But
Broke 3 props
Bad gouges in front left arm by motor
( cosmetic)

The top plastic cover was lifted a little
Snapped back in place
I hit pole head on

That’s all the damage I Physical damage I see

Tell me how bad I messed up?

Replace it yourself, not hard I've done it. Just have to take it apart a little it's not hard.

Reactions: Hobbs
Replace it yourself, not hard I've done it. Just have to take it apart a little it's not hard.

Ordered the part last night. Won’t be here till Thursday. I just hope there’s no other hidden damage.

Thanks
Mike

Reactions: shoemaker
Look at cables really good might be torn just look carefully. I know you can do it look on YouTube step by step.

Look at cables really good might be torn just look carefully. I know you can do it look on YouTube step by step.

“You Can do it”
Cables look fine and still has control with dial and buttons.
Crossing fingers.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky