DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It happened to me too... I CRASHED my mavic!

bucefalo

Reactions
I believe none is gonna escape.. sooner or later we all make that mistake that we are going to regret!
This is 100% my fault, pilot mistake.. even though I'm always careful of the place where i'm flying :-(

this is the footage :

i hope it'll be a lesson for other pilots ...

Reactions: n7011n
I believe none is gonna escape.. sooner or later we all make that mistake that we are going to regret!
This is 100% my fault, pilot mistake.. even though I'm always careful of the place where i'm flying :-(

this is the footage :

i hope it'll be a lesson for other pilots ...

Made that mistake a couple of times with DIY drones. Will never happen with my Mavic. Flying backwards is fine, even with the Mavic, but your eyes have to be on the drone, not on the screen!

Reactions: bucefalo
kind of like riding a motorcycle, It's not if but when
200,000+ miles on motorcycles so far, have always managed to keep the rubber side down. Learning to fly before that taught me all about being aware of surroundings at all times, which helped a lot.

Bucefalo is fortunate to have had such great local help - nice to see the Mavic emerged in good shape!

Reactions: bucefalo
Sorry, but the moment that drone moved backwards, I knew what was coming. ;) Glad it survived.
i don't think i'll have a second chance like this.. so got the lesson and feeling lucky :)

Made that mistake a couple of times with DIY drones. Will never happen with my Mavic. Flying backwards is fine, even with the Mavic, but your eyes have to be on the drone, not on the screen!
yeah.. my eyes were at the guy on the zip line.. stupid me.. i was following him and mavic going backwards to follow the scene.. dumb LOL! But you don't realize it until you get in that situation!

200,000+ miles on motorcycles so far, have always managed to keep the rubber side down. Learning to fly before that taught me all about being aware of surroundings at all times, which helped a lot.

Bucefalo is fortunate to have had such great local help - nice to see the Mavic emerged in good shape!

seriously without that man i don't know what i could have done to get it ! i did try myself but i could reach half way.. than that man came.. barefoot ... started to climb it like it was the most natural thing in life !! i thought he would just move the branches , i was there waiting for it to fall on the ground(hopefully i'd lose only one EYE to catch it lol ) but he took it in his hands.. went down that tree with ONE hand .. amazing !!!

Reactions: PT_Mavic
nice recovery man! well done ..
that guy... without him i think i would be spending the entire day+night trying to figure out how to get it back

You at least bought him a beer, right? ;)
i did :) translated into Lao people money i gave him 1 week of beer :) he could ask and i could give much more though...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan