DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It seems that the new firmware update has limited my HD transmission range instead of improving it.

Have to ask you self will you be flying regularly at 22Ft , I dont see this being such a huge issue as majority of my flights are alwyas withing 5Kft , I don't see the point of such a long range flight capability if you don't have enough juice to get home. On the other end its really about the strength of the signal around areas with interference, this is way more important for me. But I see the point if you can't reach half of the range stipulated from the company then they may have tweaked the software or Kp Index was really high

Ah okay, I thought I read somewhere another user was fuming because it wouldn't let them fly after trekking an hour to get a great shot. Would the warranty be voided if you're not flying with the latest firmware?

I know this is an ancient thread but what the heck, I am the OP.
This myth has been cleared up by a DJI representative on the official DJI Forum. Not a source of "I seen someone post".

Is warranty voided? DJI can you answer this question?

22k would only be possible with perfect conditions or battery mods. The MP's range is limited by its battery not signal strength.

I know this is an ancient thread but I' am the OP, so here goes.
No mods, and to this very day I am still on firmware .200
This is the range I was and still get with 5% battery left before auto land kicks in.
be978791c66b3163986aaf53ce8f6a47.jpg

4c3430e9df60ff3c01b568c42961e34e.jpg

They seem to mess with the power output or receiver sensitivity with every other firmware version.
If you want the absolute best range stay on .200 or .400. This is based on lots of posts that I have read and my personal experience that goes up to .800. I am back at .400 and plan to stay there.

Rob

22k would only be possible with perfect conditions or battery mods. The MP's range is limited by its battery not signal strength.

Why would you need battery mods for 22k feet? That's 44k feet total, or 8.3 miles, which the Mavic can fly in a little over 12 minutes. Last I checked the Mavic battery lasts almost double that.

They seem to mess with the power output or receiver sensitivity with every other firmware version.
If you want the absolute best range stay on .200 or .400. This is based on lots of posts that I have read and my personal experience that goes up to .800. I am back at .400 and plan to stay there.

Rob
Thanks for that. My on 700.. No need up 800? I will 700 to 400 the mavic, and what RC FW? best range.

Installed the new update this morning, all went smooth no problems with updating both the Mavic and RC. Went out to fly a known route at about HALF the distance I normally HD signal loss the signal dropped dramatically. I checked my settings, flew to the home point. Next battery flew another route well known to me with the same result. I might add, I live in a rural area with topography so flat you can see the curvature of the earth in the horizon. So I am always pushing the distance on my Mavic with great results consistently. I don't have a question per se. But any feedback or advice would be appreciated.
But has anyone else that flies out long distance notice a difference after today's update? ?
*I have already downgraded the FW and flew the other 4 batteries and all is back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Depends on many things like weather, sudden interferences that can appear one day and be gone another.. just have to try again.. and like they said with the parameter change in the software..

But only from firmware .1000 I got warning message "Strong interference to remote.." and often choppy video stream even not so far and with a good video signal level ( big pixel ) for few seconds

Ive just installed Litchi on a new Huawei P9 light phone, €155 here in Spain. Has 1080 HD screen.... but not upgraded to android 7 left it on 6.0.
I'm sure its better all seems to work and haven't installed the Goapp at all. Flew with phone in airplane mode and in VR with goggles. Not updated to latest goapp

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22