DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's a bird.. it's a plane..

BluesDragon

Reactions
...it's another Mavic Pro!?!?

So here was looking for a nice sunset shoot. Checking the sky as the the sun is getting closer to setting, I hear a familiar sound and look up to see another MP flying over my neighborhood. So I decided to launch and meet da neighbor.

I know the video is far from perfect. In my excitement, I even forgot to focus correctly! This is also my first attempt at editing. So there's a lot to learn there as well. Just thought it would be cool share. ;)

Wow, what are the chances of that (i.e. randomly seeing another Mavic while flying).

Reactions: Former Member
Kinda like after you get a new vehicle... you never really notice another one like it until after you own it... then ya start to see 'em everywhere. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pipes101
I actually wish I could see another drone flying or at least meet the pilot. I don't even know another drone operator where I live. Not too many around.

I have learned so much from this forum and it has contributed tremendously to the enjoyment of the Mavic Pro. But meeting another would allow me to pick his/her brain for the remaining questions I have.

The sky is getting full and now we have to not only worry about bird strikes but other drones too.
Getting full?? Where do you live?
I live in Pinellas county FL and we have about 1 millon ppl and about 15 millon visitors a year. I drive all over Pinellas almost everyday for work and I am always looking in the sky for quads. You would think the way the news and some talk the skys would be full of the quads.. I am so glad the FAA and the government has a handle on all the drones hitting planes/ppl ect.. lol..!!
The only problem is I have yet to see even one in the sky let alone hundreds or thousands of them the way people talk the sun should be hard to see and the sky should be blacked out or something! Really how many quads do you see flying on a daily basis?

I've seen 4 different quads flying in my neighborhood. 3 Phantoms and my Mavic.

...it's another Mavic Pro!?!?

So here was looking for a nice sunset shoot. Checking the sky as the the sun is getting closer to setting, I hear a familiar sound and look up to see another MP flying over my neighborhood. So I decided to launch and meet da neighbor.

I know the video is far from perfect. In my excitement, I even forgot to focus correctly! This is also my first attempt at editing. So there's a lot to learn there as well. Just thought it would be cool share. ;)

Awh Droneys got a friend, how cute.

Reactions: Pipes101
I live in Pinellas county FL and we have about 1 millon ppl and about 15 millon visitors a year. I drive all over Pinellas almost everyday for work and I am always looking in the sky for quads. You would think the way the news and some talk the skys would be full of the quads.. I am so glad the FAA and the government has a handle on all the drones hitting planes/ppl ect.. lol..!!
The only problem is I have yet to see even one in the sky let alone hundreds or thousands of them the way people talk the sun should be hard to see and the sky should be blacked out or something! Really how many quads do you see flying on a daily basis?

The problem is, you're not a REAL pilot, and you're on the ground. Just go to Clearwater Executive air park or any other airport and ask pilots. They see drones everywhere all the time and go screaming to the media like little excited schoolgirls... Then again, they are probably working off of this chart:

drone-id-chart.jpg

The problem is, you're not a REAL pilot, and you're on the ground. Just go to Clearwater Executive air park or any other airport and ask pilots. They see drones everywhere all the time and go screaming to the media like little excited schoolgirls... Then again, they are probably working off of this chart:

drone-id-chart.jpg
Thats funny I live down the road from that air park and all I see are small planes helicopters oh and a yellow 3 wheel gulfcart with a hang glider wing ultralight. They get pretty low over my home maybe 300 ft. Yes I see a lot of birds or as some call them "drones" lol. Where do you fly?

That was me being sarcastic

Reactions: Blades
Thats funny I live down the road from that air park and all I see are small planes helicopters oh and a yellow 3 wheel gulfcart with a hang glider wing ultralight. They get pretty low over my home maybe 300 ft. Yes I see a lot of birds or as some call them "drones" lol. Where do you fly?

I'm in central Pasco. Not nearly as NFZ-restricted as Clearwater.

Reactions: Blades
In the five or so years I've been flying big multis, I've never once run across another out in the wild.

I found a cat that lives across the county from me, who has had a nearly identical experience....who also now has a Mavic.

Funny enough, I found him by way of Facebook, where one of my friends commented on an aerial photo along with problems with his "drone" which popped into my feed. I replied with some knowledge, and got nosy about his profile, where I found out he's got the same toy as I. ;)

Still isn't a "natural" sighting, but I figure that's about as close to one as I could reasonably get...for the next few years anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faustino