DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's all a bit quiet in here. You guys holding up alright?

Snowed in. Cold. Lockdown. My newest Mavic hasn’t been higher than 6 feet in the twin months I’ve had it.

But, still alive.

Definitely getting stir crazy. I am a widower and live alone. My nearest neighbour is over 1/2 mile away and I live at the end of a "no through" road so no passing traffic. I have managed some great shots of the latest floods around here but the helicopters from RAF Shawbury use the area for very low level flight training so I need to be vigilant when they are about.
Being over 80 I have had my first Covid injection so at least I can go out and do any necessary shopping but I do leave it as late as possible at night so usually the super market is empty.
When the wind is too high to safely fly the drone I have resorted to building a 48 in wingspan Spitfire When that is finished I have a 98 ins wingspan model of a Vulcan to start.

Reactions: Shytalkz
Definitely getting stir crazy. I am a widower and live alone. My nearest neighbour is over 1/2 mile away and I live at the end of a "no through" road so no passing traffic. I have managed some great shots of the latest floods around here but the helicopters from RAF Shawbury use the area for very low level flight training so I need to be vigilant when they are about.
Being over 80 I have had my first Covid injection so at least I can go out and do any necessary shopping but I do leave it as late as possible at night so usually the super market is empty.
When the wind is too high to safely fly the drone I have resorted to building a 48 in wingspan Spitfire When that is finished I have a 98 ins wingspan model of a Vulcan to start.

Make sure you put up some pictures of your Spitfire and Vulcan.

Reactions: Shytalkz and CYNIC
Glad to hear you've got a few creative hobbies going to keep you busy. It's not the same I know, but my inbox is always there if you fancy a natter.

Would love to see the Spitfire and Vulcan when built! they sound like a fantastic project.

I am working still (though it is quiet) so keeping busy really but would love to get out with my new Mini2, had a few flights around my garden with it and took it on a dog walk with me last weekend and flew it for just a few minutes but didn't feel right so came home. So careful of following rules that feel paranoid but then there were loads of families playing football, kids on the skate park etc... so had a teeny tiny little go.

I got it for my holiday to outer hebrides at easter but now cancelled that so not sure when i will get to have a proper go!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Reactions: danabnormal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair